Michels Corporation has been unlocking the potential of utility and transportation construction for six decades. Our operational crews depend on support from our in-house experts to advance critical infrastructure projects. Our work improves lives. Find out how a career as an Application Developer can change yours.
As an Application Developer, your key responsibility will be to code and implement custom applications, custom processes, and custom interfaces within and between existing business software solutions. You will also work closely with the Information Technology Business Systems Solutions team to identify solutions that will increase efficiencies and expand the level of system integration and reporting within the company.
- We are consistently ranked among the top 10% of Engineering News-Record’s Top 400 Contractors
- Our steady, strategic growth revolves around a commitment to quality
- We are family owned and operated
- We invest an average of $5,000 per employee on training each year
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental and vision, competitive paid time off plans and much more!
- We reward hard work and dedication with limitless opportunities
- We believe it is everyone’s responsibility to promote safety, regardless of job titles.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments under tight deadlines
- You relish new challenges and evolving technology
- You enjoy collaborating and communicating with your teammates
- You like to know your efforts are noticed and appreciated
- You have strong communication skills
- You deliver exemplary customer service through interactions with others
What it takes:
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or related field (equivalent years of related experience also acceptable)
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (desired)
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Experience creating SSRS, Crystal Reports, or other reporting systems
- Experience with MVC (desired)
- Experience with SSIS (desired)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Operating Systems
- Competent with Visual Studio 2013, C#/VB.net, and Microsoft .Net Framework
- Microsoft SQL Server and/or MYSQL database engines
- Familiar with ERP systems or other business transformation initiatives
- Competent with SQL databases and TSQL
- .Net Framework
- Business Software
- Business Systems
- C Sharp (Programming Language)
- Crystal Reports (Reporting Software)