Wood has a potential opening for a Senior Project Manager to join our Conventional Energy Canada office in Calgary.
Responsibilities (Upon successful contract award):
Skills / Qualifications
- Execute EPCM services, on a long-term partnership basis, to execute a variety of work at new client’s refining’s facilities.
- Develop & implement client engagement plan
- Manage all project budgets, cost plans, capital cost budgets, capital expenditure and financial and commercial matters
- Apply rigorous change management procedures to ensure project does not exceed established budget.
- Implementation of the Project Execution Strategies
- Develop and manage project-specific change and risk management systems
- Organize and lead planning sessions, team building workshops and project coordination meetings
- Ensure an appropriate review process is implemented for the project including internal and Client project reviews, risk reviews, constructability and independent peer reviews
- Establish rapport with internal stakeholders within a matrixed, international organization
- Accountable for leading cross functional project teams through the full project life cycle from conceptual design through to operations including; engineering, modularization, fabrication, construction, commissioning, and start-up.
- Develop project design and execution strategies, then lead teams to achieve the project’s objectives.
- Proactively engage stakeholders in risk management and conflict resolution
- Motivate and mentor diverse specialists to contribute to a team effort, in a collaborative and proactive working environment.
- Lead coordination of multi office work as required by the scope
- Ensure that all work conducted at the project level adheres to the Program/Project Management Plans and contract and service orders requirements
- Coordinate with the Program team allocation of project resources on a dedicated or shared basis.
- In compliance with the Program requirements, develop and implement project specific Key Performance Indicators
- Senior Project Manager and Engineer with a 25+ year proven track record
- Strategic thinker adept at developing the project’s vision and communicating clear concise project objectives to align stakeholders
- Must possess a high degree of originality, skill and proficiency in the various broad phases of engineering application and knowledge of quality management, human resources, financial and other administrative principles and practices
- Must be eligible for professional registration in other provinces across Canada.
- Downstream: Hydrotreaters, propane dehydrogenation, partial upgrading, and MTBE.
- LNG: Liquefaction facilities, LNG vaporizers, & FERC RR13 applications.
- Offshore & Platforms: Gas production, deep-water production, and glycol reclamation (hydrates).
- Gas Processing: Compression, dehydration, and sour gas treating.
- Midstream & Pipelines: Pipelines and booster stations, NGL extraction (straddle plant), fractionation,
- refrigeration, liquid production, condensate pipelines, terminals, storage and metering.
- Construction: Construction management, modularization, construction work packages, work face planning, pre-commissioning, commissioning, and hand over to field operations.
- Safety Commitment: Promotes a safety culture and adherence to regulations, best practices, protocols, and policies for health, safety, and the environment.
- Extensive experience with risk analysis approaches including: HAZOPs, LOPA, PHA, and ‘What If’ assessments.
- Technical: Extensive knowledge of engineering principles and fundamentals.
- Experienced with regulatory requirements, licensing / legal requirements, supporting documentation, and the detailed design of gas processing facilities including turbo-expanders, compressors, fractionation towers, dehydration units, amine sweeteners, storage bullets, and NGL metering.
- Knowledgeable with ABSA, AGA, API, ASME, CSA, IEC,
- Collaboration and Cooperation: Collaborates and cooperates with internal and external clients and subject matter experts regularly during project initiation, scope development, and project execution.
- Provides stakeholders and team members with the project status, decisions, and direction.
- Facilitation: Interprets complex information and digests it into clear deliverables and actions.
- Communication: Articulate with excellent communication skills including report writing and presentation
- skills attuned to all levels of management, project goals, and stakeholders needs. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Leadership: Manages, guides, motivates, and provides strategic direction to achieve the project’s objectives, the project’s vision and communicating concise project objectives to align teams
- Change Management: Manages changes / variances, impact assessment, risk mitigation logs, adjusting project budgets, cost controls, implementation, and business case objectives
- Negotiation: Proactive in engaging internal customers and other stakeholders
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. [ Link removed ]
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Liquefied Natural Gas