At Uniper, we have an engaging and dynamic opportunity for an Engineering Student Placement to gain valuable hands-on experience at Killingholme Power Station. This is an exciting chance to take the step-up into employment and develop both personally and professionally in a challenging but rewarding environment.
What we offer
At Uniper, we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer competitive salaries, company pensions and performance related benefits. Our people can also take advantage of our extensive flexible benefits package with discounts on high street vouchers, health and dental care, holidays and more.
How we work
Our people are key to our success. Our core objective is to provide them with a supportive and entrepreneurial work environment that fosters collaboration. This allows our people to take responsibility and make optimal use of their skills. Together, we want to shape the future of energy.
What we are looking for
- Part of a dynamic engineering team meeting the technical challenges of maintaining and improving plant performance, through utilising theoretical knowledge you've gained in your studies with hands-on, practical experience
- Involved in the planning, development and safe execution of a range of works in a large complex industrial environment, across a number of technical areas
- Working with lots of different people, interacting with our managers and executive team
- Utilising and developing a range of additional skills beyond your technical capabilities, including safety, contracts, commercial and stakeholder management
This, combined with the business exposure you'll be gaining in an international energy company, will be the foundation to your future career.
Who we are seeking
We're looking for people who can bring a flexible, enthusiastic approach, plenty of self-motivation and lots of ambition. We'll expect a lot from you, but we'll also make sure you have a strong team of experts around you - people who'll be happy to share their deep understanding with you.
An Engineering Student will be:
- Enthusiastic, passionate and inquisitive with the dedication to achieve a career in engineering
- Possessing or working towards a degree level qualification in Engineering or similar
- Confident in using Microsoft packages with good analytical and commercial skills; a knowledge of working with spreadsheets or databases would be useful
- Organised and meticulous in all aspects of work, and able to work to strict deadlines
Proposed duration of a 48 Week placement beginning September 2022. If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.
Should you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact the UK Talent Acqusition Manager; [ Email address blocked ]
Please note, all applications must be completed online, any CVs sent via email, will not be taken into consideration.
Fixed-term , 48 weeks
£17,500 Pro Rata + Excellent Benefits & Pension
Uniper is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from appropriately qualified and suitable candidates regardless of gender, origin, disability, age, religion, worldview, sexual identity or family status. We promote diversity, equality and flexible working.
- Attention To Detail
- Commercial Awareness
- Confident And Emotionally Stable
- Contract Management