At Jacobs, our Power Solutions team is geared towards providing a more integrated approach offering end-to-end service to support our clients in energy networks, thermal generation, renewable generation and storage solutions space. We are helping our clients meet the challenges faced in countries and cities across the globe, providing innovative solutions from replacing conventional thermal power plants with renewable energy to developing demand side management strategies.
- Renewable engineer for solar/wind projects, and other related aspects of solar/wind planning, studies, design and consulting projects.
- Responsible for all phases of planning and execution on small, medium to large size engineering and consulting projects of significant complexity.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and controls projects in accordance with the established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements approved by the company.
- When functioning as the Assistant Project Manager, supports PM for forecasting and planning for the entire project. Supervises project personnel through subordinate leaders.
- May be working on concurrent projects as Project Manager especially for small scale projects.
- May serve as a proposal manager to the projects to which will be assigned.
- Support business development activities through client meetings, business marketing events and proposal support
Preferably Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years of experience with similar professional experience in solar, wind farm and other renewable energy.
- Strong technical/commercial background with potentially diverse experience in the energy sector. (preferably 8 yrs experience)
- Excellent track record in solar/wind farm operation, technical due diligence, site pre-feasibility studies, feasibility studies, construction management, etc.
- Familiar with Due Diligence, Lenders/Owner’s engineering roles involving design review or site inspections
- Proficient in using solar power tools e.g. PVSyst, SolarGIS, etc., and familiar with international Solar/wind design codes and standards
- Ability to develop and maintain client relationships
- Self-motivated, with an ability and desire to work collaboratively with other organizations to create new opportunities
- Ability to think innovatively, pro-active, comfortable in solving complex problems
- Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally - and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
- Business Development
- Business Marketing
- Construction Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Design Review