The position will be responsible for supporting the Flow Controls business by working within the Global Supply Chain team to improve the Supply Chain performance of the Flow Controls EMEA. This role works directly with suppliers using lean concepts and structured problem solving to implement improvement programs at suppliers. Internally will work closely with Commodity Managers, SPEs, Buyers, Material Managers and Quality Engineers.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Implement Supplier Performance Engineering Strategy to achieve business objectives.
Develop plans and timelines with existing suppliers to improve their ability to meet on-time delivery and late backlog targets, monitor key performance indicators, identify opportunities and implement project plans to drive improved performance
Help lead time reduction programs by analyzing site forecasts, proposing stocking program implementation, late customization, minimum batch quantity, production line optimizations, supplier operation process improvement.
Works with Supplier Quality Engineers to help identify and resolve quality issues with key suppliers.
Create monthly reports and performance analyses, prepare presentations and updates for EMEA Management concerning progress of suppliers.
Participate in supplier QBRs, maintain partnership with key suppliers.
PRINCIPLE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work systematically and professionally in a well documented manner in accordance with the company rules and procedures including adherence to trade compliance (export / import and supply chain security) regulations entirely.
• Must be very capable of managing direction supplier improvement projects that is consistent with the Department / commodity manager’s commodity strategy. Must be self sufficient and require little, if any, direct supervision or guidance.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Languages – Fluent in English
• University degree preferably in Engineering
• Experience with casting and forging technologies
• 5 years of experience in one or more of the following functional areas: Perfect Execution, Continuous Improvement / Lean, Supplier Development, Supplier Quality Assurance, Manufacturing processes, Items and Material Flow management.
• Strong project management skills
• Excellent communication and organization skills
• Ability to develop collaborative working relationship with suppliers and internal customers,
• A good team player with a passion for excellence and driving improvements.
• Customer focused and has a sense of urgency to resolve issues timely and effectively
• Strong analytical skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc)
• Six sigma black belt qualification is an advantage
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their unique experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas and diversity of thoughts, that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
We encourage and support several Employee-led Resources Groups that promote a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Our global Women in Stem initiative gives you the opportunity to connect with local peers that share the same interest, to promote the diversity & inclusion and early STEM education and to benefit from professional development to access leadership opportunities.
Our LGBTQ A Group empowers our workforce regardless of their gender identity or sexual orientation, and supports the inclusion and professional development of all employees.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
- Business Process Improvement