Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2019 sales of $28 billion (€25 billion). We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit 6373596543700.
Job Overview :
This position has responsibility for directing, planning, and leading operations in the areas of production and maintenance to ensure the required business objectives and strategies for the South Region of Linde Gases US are met in a safe and environmentally compliant manner.
This position has accountability for the day to day operations and maintenance of the Groves, TX air separation units and pipeline enclave. This position works closely with and reports to the Operations Director for the South Region.
This position defines the priorities, plans, and objectives for the manufacturing operations of the Groves facility. This seasoned individual has expert knowledge of principles and practices within operations, and an understanding of business strategies and culture, and works to achieve results and drive performance on a regional and national basis.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Ensures compliance to all safety policies and procedures, leads operational discipline throughout the Linde employee organizations, work closely with the SH&E organization in achieving established goals.
- Ensures compliance with all local, state, federal, and Linde policies regarding environmental, permitting, and product quality requirements.
- Directs a group of employees and/or consultants to flawlessly execute operational requirements, change and/or process improvements.
- Creates and manages complex operational plans that result in the accomplishment of business objectives.
- Directs and leads complex or unusual assignments across functional areas.
- Act as primary interface, coordinating and facilitating activities and commitments with other departments, businesses, and/or functions.
- Ensure response strategies are appropriately formulated and communication plans are provided.
- Establishes goals, promotes decision-making, delegates as appropriate and overcomes obstacles.
- Takes a leadership role in creation and oversight of productivity optimization.
- Works with strategic independence, conferring with Senior and Executive Management on more complex or unusual assignments.
- Monitors external/internal trends, develops procedures, makes judgments and takes organization-wide actions that set precedents.
- Focuses on planning and execution for current year.
- Staff, train, coach, and administer performance reviews, salary increases and corrective action of subordinate employees.
- Develops, implements, and supports Lean Six Sigma and Cost Reduction projects.
- Manages and achieves plant and product supply reliability goals.
- Manages and achieves plant fixed and variable cost goals, develop monthly business report covering financial performance and create action plans to address deficiencies.
- Works across all levels of Linde organizations to achieve desired results into a cohesive and effective management team.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) experience
- 7 years Operations experience
- 2 years Operations Management experience
- Air Separation Unit experience (preferred)
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to drive execution of projects and strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Must possess proven leadership, team building, and decision making skills.
- Must be reliability and efficiency focused and possess strong planning and execution skills.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to motivate and lead a diverse and inclusive workforce to achieve desired results.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Process Improvements (Business)