Jacobs is the world’s top supplier of automotive test facilities, providing a full range of services to commercial automotive industry customers. Customers include not only the world’s major vehicle providers and other original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), but also clients from the international motor sports community.
The Battery Lab Test Technician is an integral part of the vehicle development process. You will use cutting edge technology to help create the vehicles of tomorrow
BRIEF OUTLINE OF SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
Battery Cell Integration Lab (BCIL) Test Operator is responsible for supporting the Design Verification (DV) physical testing, and certification of traction battery pack systems for hybrid and electric vehicles. You work hand-in-hand with test and design engineers to support the company's product testing needs to support execution of functional, safety, and thermal performance tests on battery pack systems. You will be required to become proficient in test site installation, equipment/instrumentation connection, proper functional verification of test set-up, and start-up of the site automation system (Lynx). Becoming safety certified to perform high voltage electrical and mechanical tests is required upon start-up.
- Setting up Standard Lynx Automation Test Scripts to Test Request parameters
- Installation of supplemental site controls and associated I/O to support test execution
- Prepare test samples (as required) in accordance with test instructions adhering to established standards and procedures.
- Validation of proper test run through periodic monitoring of signals and cycle targets; intervening when proper run is visibly in question, with notification to the assigned Test Engineer
- Assist other technicians in the day-to-day execution of testing as needed
- Manage and maintain lab equipment inventory, installation, and usage; including proper adherence to Calibration and Maintenance requirements
- Adhere to all Lab Procedures; suggest process improvements where evident
- Comply with all Environmental, Health, & Safety, and ISO documented procedures
- Basic instrumentation, pack and test setups
Determine whether the test cell is running in accordance with test procedures and react accordingly.
In this position, you are a full-time employee of Jacobs. This is NOT a contract position. You will be eligible for our generous benefit package, including health insurance, dental, vision, generous PTO, paid holidays, 401K, stock purchase plan, and tuition reimbursement.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, AND /OR SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma required
- Basic electrical and electronics, instrumentation and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, taking direction from multiple sources as needed
- Basic MS Office skills in Word and Excel required
- Familiarity with schematics and wiring
- Fork Truck Experience
- Laboratory test experience with demonstrated ability to set-up and run automated testing
- An understanding of vehicle powertrain, power supply, and vehicle electrical system operation with an emphasis on High Voltage / HEV / BEV applications a plus
- A working knowledge of instrumentation measurement systems, particularly transducers and their operation – temperature, pressure, fluid flow, et al.
- Fabrication skills a strong plus
Associate technical degree or equivalent experience a plus
Unusual or Special Physical Requirements of Position
- Lifting: Up to 50 lbs, 50%
- Climbing: In, on, under, and around vehicles – 20%
- Crawling: Around vehicle test setups, vehicle hoists, etc. – 20%
- Special clothing/equipment (wearing): Safety glasses and steel toe shoes – 20%. Bump cap and gloves when working on vehicles – 10%
- Unusual physical requirements: Climb ladders, reaching over / on top of vehicles – 10%, Laying under vehicles for tie-downs/instrumentation – 10%
- High noise level: Hearing protection provided when needed – 2%
- Other: Sitting (50%), Standing (50%), Bending (25%), stooping (25%). Job requires manual labor
Description of Work Environment
- Inside? Outside? Combination? Where?: Indoors in Garage and vehicle test chamber, ambient temperatures - 95%. Outside work (summer and winter) – 5%
- Extreme (hot/cold) temperatures involved: NA
- Hazardous conditions - What are they?: Hands on working with high power RF equipment (amplifiers, power meters, coax cables, etc) – 40%
- Travel/transportation requirements: Periodic local travel (for work, training, marketing, etc.) - 5%
- Other: NA
Equipment and Machines Involved in Work Tasks
- Office equipment/machines electrically/battery operated - which?: Office equipment (copiers, fax machines, scanners, etc.) – 20%
- Vehicles, forklifts, etc. operated which?: Fork lifts – 5%, Vehicles hoists – 5%, Vehicle chassis dynamometer – 40%
- Tools used in trade - which ones?: Hand tools and electrical tools (soldering iron, etc.) – 15%, RF instrumentation (amplifiers, power meters, etc.) – 40%
- Other: NA
Criticality of Attendance
- Overtime, regular days, off days: Must be able to work any shift to accommodate test/customer need. Occasional overtime
- Shift, 1st, 2nd, 3rd: Primary shift is days between 7 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. BUT the workload fluctuates and we add shifts, work overtime and flex work schedules as needed to accommodate the work load. (YOU MUST have a flexible work schedule if you consider this position).
- Necessity for regular attendance: Must attend regularly, be punctual and manage own schedule – 100%
- Urgency for punctuality: Critical, 100%
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
and [ Link removed ]
Test Execution Engine