Brookfield Renewable is looking for an Accountant who enjoys a fast-paced environment and can multi-task in a growing Accounting department. As an Accountant under our Business Services Group, you will be responsible to maintain proper ledgers, registers, accounts, journals as well as similar financial records. In this role, you will regularly collaborate with members of Brookfield’s Business Services Group Accounting team and support the Senior Accountant.
We welcome dedicated, and team-oriented individuals who are passionate about being an integral part of our dynamic organization and helping it thrive. We are looking for people who are interested in both professional and personal growth!
- Facilitate the monthly, quarterly and annual financial close process for a portfolio of companies;
- Determine and prepare timely and accurate general journal entries to ensure accurate financial reporting;
- Maintain, monitor and reconcile monthly general ledger reconciliations;
- Perform bank and other account reconciliations;
- Determine and issue intercompany chargebacks;
- Prepare and issue external customer invoices;
- Support other departments such as Financial Reporting, Financial Planning and Analysis, and Consolidations in achieving successful internal and external reporting through providing variance analysis and supporting their understanding of the Accounting records;
- Prepare and file Canadian and US sales tax returns;
- Prepare bank deposits;
- Generate monthly financial reports;
- Provide year-end audit support to auditor questions and requests;
- Support forecasting and budgeting initiatives;
- Perform ad hoc projects as needed during the year;
- Successfully navigate and leverage multiple accounting and finance related applications (ERP system, consolidation software, account reconciliation software, Accounts Payable application, Revenue Capture software, Excel, ect).
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizations skills;
- Strong time-management skills and ability to multi-task;
- Attention to detail and ability to meet tight deadlines, particularly around month and quarter end close;
- Flexibility to work additional hours at quarter end or during peak periods;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to use sound judgment;
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing responsibilities;
- Ability to work as part of a team and strong communication skills in English are required;
- Knowledge of French considered an asset;
- Thrives in a team-based and dynamic environment.
- 3+ years experience performing full-cycle accounting;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent in relevant work experience;
- Nearing completion of CPA designation;
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles (IFRS and US GAAP is an asset);
- Solid MS Excel skills (including vlookup and pivot tables) with the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Accounts Payable
- Attention To Detail
- Consolidation (Financial)
- Deposit Accounts