Wood is currently recruiting for an Offshore Electrician with extensive experience in the offshore oil and gas industry preferably in the Gulf of Mexico oilfields,
Required to perform the maintenance, testing, and repair of all electrical systems, equipment, and components of oil and gas production facilities in a manner consistent with regulatory and environmental rules, regulations, and testing procedures.
The position is to work offshore in Equatorial Guinea, on a rotational basis the normal working rotation 4 weeks on / 4 weeks off, but due to the COVID situation extended rotations are presently being worked.
- Perform routine repairs and maintenance activities on electrical systems, equipment, and components on the facility according to manufacturers' recommendations and company requirements
- Perform inspections, troubleshooting and repairs of electrical systems, equipment, and components according to applicable company requirements and specifications
- Assist other personnel with equipment repairs and other duties assigned by Supervisor
- Comprehensive working knowledge of the CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) to include work orders, spare part location, ordering, tracking, asset assignment and frequency
- Recommends improvements to maintenance record keeping and reporting
- Performs overhaul of minor and major equipment unassisted
- Assigned by Supervisor as team leader for equipment testing procedures, fault diagnosis, and root cause failure analysis
- Assigned by Supervisor as team leader in the installation and commissioning of new equipment
- Mentor and train less skilled personnel in your department
- Use self-learning techniques to continually progress in your role and responsibilities
- Completes work in a manner consistent with Noble Energy Equatorial Guinea Ltd. Environmental Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Carry out duties according to the facility Electrical Safety Rules & Procedures, participate and receive a rating according to the guidelines
- Lead by example, and mentor other personnel with Noble Energy EG Ltd. Environmental Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Comprehensive knowledge of AC and DC electric motors, including best maintenance practices, troubleshooting, and repairs
- Follow company requirements to execute equipment isolations for assigned tasks
- Perform work according to all applicable codes
#rz #ZR # wood18
Skills / Qualifications
- Associate \ Engineering Degree or relevant technical qualification.
- Certified technical apprenticeship
- A number of years relevant experience in a similar position offshore, preferably in the Gulf of Mexico
- Offshore BOSIET Survival Certification.
- CompEx Hazardous Areas Certification.
- Perform pre-job planning and hazard assessment, and risk assessment
- Advanced knowledge and application of electrical theory, and appropriate level mathematical skills
- Medium Voltage (6.6KV) switching experience and certificates
- Strong electrical experienced in Offshore production environment – Generators, Transformers, Switchgear, Motors etc
- HVAC experienced and certified.
- Knowledge of Electronics and controls etc
- Comp Ex Electrical trained
- Advanced equipment condition monitoring techniques and analysis
- Advanced knowledge of switch gear, motor starters, variable frequency drives, generators, emergency power and power distribution systems
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of HVAC systems, refrigeration, galley and laundry equipment, including preventative maintenance procedures, troubleshooting, and repairs
- Advanced computer skills ( Microsoft office)
- Equipment isolation Permit to Work, and LOTO process
- Advanced knowledge of PLCs and communications equipment
- Preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance procedures
- Knowledge of offshore oil and gas facility emergency procedures and safety systems
- Ability to read, understand and follow schematics, technical manuals, procedures, P&ID’s and one line diagrams
- Use FAT data and condition monitoring data to detect problems and identify trends
- Current knowledge of industry best practices, equipment and tools
PC Application Skills:
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft office)
- Communicate in a clear and effective manner using written and verbal English
- Positive attitude
- Ability to train and mentor national trainees.
- Leadership skills – ability to fulfill Elect Lead Tech function when required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. [ Link removed ]
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.