Infrastructure Engineer IT Mississauga, Ontario and or Remote
The Infrastructure engineer
, will be a member of a team of highly skilled hands on individuals tasked with supporting IT Infrastructure hosted in co-located datacenters as well as in public cloud (Azure, AWS). Comfortable in a Hybrid environment, the engineer will support, develop, and design IT infrastructure components aligned to Just Energy%26rsquo;s Business and technical requirements. Supported systems may include compute (physical, virtual and cloud), storage, network and cabling infrastructure.
The engineer must demonstrate the ability to effectively analyze complex processes and recommend opportunities to optimize cost and efficiency. As an expert troubleshooter, the engineer will lead investigation and resolution of infrastructure related incidents. The engineer will proactively recommend enhancements for improved security and availability. Focused on continuous improvement, the engineer will develop engineering standards, performance metrics and procedures for repeatable, error free design, implement and operate processes make use of process automation where applicable. Who We Are
Just Energy is a consumer company focused on essential needs, including electricity and natural gas; health and well-being, such as water quality and filtration devices; and utility conservation, bringing energy efficient solutions and renewable energy options to consumers. Currently operating in the United States and Canada, Just Energy serves both residential and commercial customers. Just Energy is the parent company of Amigo Energy, Filter Group Inc., Hudson Energy, Interactive Energy Group, Tara Energy, and terrapass. Energy, Opportunity,
are core to your way of being and are essential to succeed with us. Energy - Energy is at the core of everything we do.
Whether it's our products or our enthusiasm to excel, we are driven by a firm sense of action to achieve exceptional results, underscored by a distinct family and community spirit. Opportunity - Just Energy is synonymous with opportunity.
Our dynamic and diverse group of companies offers unparalleled opportunities to contribute to our corporate success with a host of initiatives, projects, and resources designed to promote personal and professional development and growth. Growth - Take your career to the next level
with a leading North American energy company poised to lead the retail and green energy industry well into the twenty-first century. Just Energy's range of premier training programs support employee learning and development - a cornerstone of our growth and success. Responsibilities:
- Independently drive technical infrastructure projects to support corporate initiatives. Coordinate efforts with other teams and external vendors to deliver quality solutions to the business.
- Design, implement and maintain public cloud (Azure, AWS) IaaS and PaaS Infrastructure. Recommend architectural improvements to reduce cost and boost performance.
- Install and Maintain Datacenter infrastructure hosted in colocation facilities, this includes occasional hands on work with physical servers, storage arrays and network devices.
- Some after business hours and weekend work is required in this role. Participation in on-call rotation expected.
- Streamline operations by building appropriate automations. Build run-books for new and existing solutions.
- Drive resolution of issues with new and existing on premise and cloud solutions if required. Assist application teams in diagnosing application issues.
- Maintain and assist with Linux Red Hat environment issues. Make recommendations based on best practices. Would be the primary SME for the Linux environment
- Bachelor%26rsquo;s degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred
- Certifications in Server Administration. (VCP /MCSA or MCSE, Azure/AWS will be considered an asset).
- Advanced knowledge and current experience
- Datacenter hardware specifically HPE Synergy, HPE 3Par/ Primera and Nimble Storage, NetApp
- VMware vSphere Virtualization. Experience with Horizon View VDI.
- Public cloud Infrastructure management and design (Azure and AWS). Experience with Infrastructure as code and Azure ARM templates.
- Active Directory, Azure AD, Office 365, System Center Operations Manager
- Administration and management of Server Operating systems, RHEL enterprise Linux, Windows Server
- Focus on managing and creating Active directory GPO%26rsquo;s
- Proficient using Microsoft SCCM, Auto Pilot creating images and software deployment for desktops.
- Managing Mobile Devices and remote workforce using Endpoint management software such as Microsoft Intune.
- Demonstrated experience with automation. Must be proficient in Scripting languages (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, PowerShell)
- Comfortable with occasional racking/un-racking equipment and connecting physical cables
- Familiar with Data Center Routing Switching, Campus Routing Switching, Wireless, Storage Networking, Load balancers
- 3+ year experience as a system administrator in providing technical assistance and support for infrastructure systems and in the installation and maintenance of Datacenter equipment. With 2 + year experience managing a hybrid environment. (on-premise/public cloud)
Just Energy offers a robust benefits plan for staff members, as well as Employee Assistance Programs that offer a wealth of tools and resources to enrich the employee experience. The company also provides a number of cost-free, self-development courses for those that wish to build on their skills and competencies. In addition, a variety of awards offer another opportunity to recognize and reward employees. We offer:
Just Energy is Equal Opportunity Employer
- Competitive compensation
- Performance based bonuses
- Comprehensive benefits package from day 1 of employment
- Employee Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP)
- Work from home (WFH) Model *During pandemic
- Health and wellbeing tools and resources and more%26hellip;
- Infrastructure As A Service (Iaa S)
- Storage (Computing)
- Platform As A Services
- Cloud Infrastructure