You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Geologist or Geophysicist with expertise in risk and resource evaluation, ranking and strategic planning for advancing unconventional exploration and appraisal programs to full field development projects.
Candidate will be working within the Unconventional Resource Assessment and Data Solution Division (URADSD), within the Unconventional Resource Exploration and Characterization Department (URECD).
URADSD consists of experienced geologists, geophysicists and petroleum engineers with subsurface experience,
responsible for maintaining the corporate portfolio of unconventional resource plays and opportunities. The Division works collaboratively with Subject Matter Experts across different organizations to gather geologic, geophysical or engineering data, and subsequent integrated analysis, to yield basis for unconventional resource evaluations and estimate unconventional resource in place, set the strategy to convert undiscovered resources to discovered resources and reserves.
Your primary role will be to manage the unconventional portfolio through technical, risk, resource, commerciality assessments and strategic plansto support the de-risking of unconventional fields from Exploration to Development.
You will be required to perform the following:
• Geological technical assessments of resource plays to ensure prospectivity.
• Risk assessments to identify gaps in knowledge and quantify COS.
• Resource assessments to confirm value and support reserve estimation.
• Geologically support reservoir engineering with Commerciality Assessments.
• Strategic planning and monitoring to ensure the best plays are being de-risked and targets are being met.
• Work closely with the Exploration & Characterization Divisions to support planning and execution of wells.
• Evaluate current practices and identify opportunities for improvements.
• Effectively communicate through presentations and written reports to technical peers and management.
• Provide recommendations and advise in your particular area of expertise.
• Mentor younger staff and provide opportunities for knowledge sharing.
The successful candidate will possess the following characteristics:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Geophysics or related sciences; advanced degree is preferred.
• 15 years of experience, with at least 5-10 years in unconventional plays, including shale or tight gas exploration, development, or strategic planning, across multiple unconventional hydrocarbon basins, is required.
• A solid background in the play-based approach to evaluate tight sand and shale plays, evaluation of risk and resource assessment within unconventionals is essential.
• Experience managing and de-risking a portfolio of tight sand or shale opportunities from exploration through development, with a strong understanding of the geological and engineering factors that determine success within different unconventional plays, is essential.
• Knowledge in the integration of sedimentology, depositional environments, petrophysics, geomechanics, basic geophysics and basic reservoir engineering, is preferred.
• Experience integrating basic reservoir engineering and geology to tight and source rock reservoirs, is preferred. • Previous experience working with reservoir engineers and reserve auditors to determine reserve and resource estimations, is preferred. • Experience working with the production and drilling departments on well performance and optimization, is preferred.
• Experience working with Reservoir Engineering teams on Economics of Unconventional Field Development plans, is preferred.
• Candidates with more or less experience can potentially be considered, depending on the quality of their experience.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.
- Development Planning
- Drilling Operations
Job ID: 850565723