ScottishPower is part of the Iberdrola Group, one of the world’s largest integrated utility companies and a world leader in wind energy. ScottishPower is the first integrated energy company in the UK to generate 100% green electricity. Our focus is on wind energy, smart grids and driving the change to a cleaner, electric future and we’re investing over £4m every working day to make this happen. We’re committed to speeding up the transition to cleaner electric transport, improving air quality and over time, driving down bills.
Our Retail business provides energy to 5 million households and businesses across the UK and we’ve been voted best large energy supplier of the year for 2018. At ScottishPower we want to do the right thing for our customers. We believe in fair pricing and offer a choice of tariffs to suit customer needs. We offer products that help our customers control and protect the energy in their homes and the flexibility to help customers manage their energy accounts today, tomorrow and in the future.
At ScottishPower Retail, we know people are central to building a better future, quicker and we are seeking new talent to join our team.
ScottishPower’s Software Engineers develop next-generation technologies to help us deliver the best possible experience to our customers.
We're looking for Software Engineers who bring fresh ideas, from all sectors, relating to information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day.
As a Software Engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to ScottishPower’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects. We need our Software Engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic about taking on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push the boundaries of technology.
Our Tech Stack:
- React with Redux
- Java based web applications
- RESTful APIs, built in NodeJS
- Micro-services approach to back-end architecture
- Jenkins and Github
- Helm charts
- Grafana and Prometheus for monitoring
But we hire based on talent, not language/framework specific skillset
Your responsibilities will include:
Skills and Requirements
- Integrate apps built on a range of technologies with cutting-edge capabilities
- Provide robust and innovative solutions to meet the fast-moving needs of the business
- Collaborate across ScottishPower internal teams and partners, based in multiple continents
- Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or relevant technical field
- API and application development experience
To be successful in a role you will need to demonstrate as minimum
What we Offer
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Passion for technology and how it can be used to solve real world problems
- Eager to learn and share knowledge across diverse teams
This is a permanent contract. Salary for this role will range from £34,506 to £43,132 per annum, depending on experience.
As part of our commitment to a supportive and inclusive place to work, we recognise that our employees have different personal circumstances and want a suitable work-life balance. We are working hard to support flexible and alternative ways of working where possible including: Flexible Working, Shared Parental Leave, Career Breaks, Wellbeing / Employee Assistance Programme. You will also have access to our flexible benefits programme where you can decide what is important for you.
‘Happy to talk flexible working’
Our Selection Process
- Behavioural Interview and Technical Questions
- Behaviours: Develop Self & Others, Empower to Grow, Collaborate & Share, Be a Role Model, Focus to Achieve Results, Be Agile
- Closing date: Friday 23rd April 2021
Inclusion and diversity fosters innovation and creativity and brings us closer to the communities we serve. At ScottishPower, we want to attract and hire diverse talent whilst developing a workplace that is supportive and open to everyone.
Java (Programming Language)
Php (Scripting Language)
C++ (Programming Language)
Ruby On Rails
Java Script (Programming Language)