Are you interested in joining a global company in the renewable energies sector?
Power Solutions > Applications, Controls & Electrical > SCADA Platform Software
We have the aspiration to build an even stronger software competence center in Porto over the next years. Therefore, if YOU what to be a part of this journey and have a true enthusiasm for software and engineering then this may be a position for you. This position will be in the SCADA Platform Software sub-module.
- Be engaged in the early stage feasibility studies of new products working together with other engineering disciplines like converter, electrical, hardware, etc.
- Completing full software development lifecycle, including code review
- Write well designed and testable code
- Be committed to writing and updating comprehensive technical documentation and maintain software functionality
- Be a significant contributor to the continuous improvement of our processes and tools
- MSc in Software/ Computer Science/Engineering from an accredited University
- Experience with C#
- 5 years - Minimum experience
It's an added value to have:
- Experience with Bash/Powershell
- Experience with GIT and JIRA
- Experience with SCRUM and Agile Development
- You are creative, enjoy problem-solving, results-oriented, and have a good sense of responsibility
- You are able to meet your deadlines with the good quality output
- You have a creative approach to new opportunities
- You achieve goals as part of a team and it comes naturally to you to collaborate and share knowledge
- You have good communication skills and are fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Last, but not least, you will be required to work within an international team
What We Offer
Vestas is the energy industry's global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with 92 GW of wind turbines in 79 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. Through our established smart data capabilities and singular close to 76 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions. Together with our customers, Vestas' more than 26,000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a good future. We offer an opportunity to be part of a high-quality team in an exciting business with a very comprehensive product range. The working environment is informal but with clear direction. You will be part of a project-oriented organization with very qualified colleagues in an inspiring work environment. You will be offered an attractive compensation package based on your qualifications and the demands of this position.
You will be part of an international organization with opportunities to grow and develop in the job - professionally and personally.
We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible, as we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis.
Vestas is proud to be the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Vestas strives to be the most inclusive workplace in the sustainable energy industry and ensure equal opportunities for everyone regardless of the social identity. We are stronger as a company not despite our differences, but because of them, both professionally and personally. Beyond a diverse workforce, we want to ensure that all of our employees are included and actively contributing to Vestas’ success and innovation. Only then can we become the global leader in sustainable energy solutions and ensure sustainability in everything we do.
At Vestas, we offer global opportunities for people with growth mindsets and the desire to make a shared and positive impact. We work in the true spirit of our corporate values: accountability, simplicity, collaboration, and passion. We expect everyone to live up to these in their day to day work – no matter what you do and where you are in the organisation.
Learn more about Vestas at [ Link removed ] and follow us on our social media channels
Scrum (Software Development)
Agile Software Development
Complex Problem Solving