National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is a leading provider of technology, equipment, and services to the global oil and gas industry that supports customers’ full-field drilling, completion, and production needs. Since 1862, NOV has pioneered innovations that improve the cost-effectiveness, efficiency, safety, and environmental impact of oil and gas operations.
NOV Rig Technologies makes and supports the world’s most advanced drilling solutions. With a long history of manufacturing advanced drilling equipment packages—think top drives, iron roughnecks, draw works, BOPs, and risers—as well as complete land rigs, we're constantly working to solve our customers’ operational challenges. We're designing new technology and robotics that deliver increased automation; expanding our training offerings to help our partners close the industry's generational gap; and developing smarter, more advanced drilling solutions for all types of land and offshore environments.
We're continually pushing our own standards higher to deliver the safest, most efficient, and most reliable drilling solutions in the world. Join us as we continue to power the industry that powers the world.
NOV Pressure Control Group is currently recruiting for a Electrical Engineer to join our team at 6390 North Eldridge Parkway. The main responsibilities of this role include:
Perform a variety of electrical engineering tasks designing, planning, and overseeing the design and development of electrical components, systems, and machinery used in BOP Control Systems.
- Research, develop, and design Electrical and electronic interface circuitry for control of products.
- Lead designers in the development of electrical schematic, interconnect, cabling, and assembly drawings and BOMs.
- Ensure equipment scope and content is defined during initial design processes.
- Direct activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Coordinate design projects to assure maximum utilization of engineering expertise.
- Provide leadership in preparation, and ensure that projects are controlled with regard to scope, schedule, budget, performing appraisal, etc.
- Establish design criteria for projects using required codes and standards.
- Review contractual content to ensure technical and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure subsequent design changes are documented and transmitted as required to internal and external resources.
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
Facility/Group Specific Responsibilities
- Assist sales group in defining engineering parameters for quotations.
- Work with customers (internal/external) and review project defining documents to understand project requirements.
- Engineer components/assemblies for BOP control systems in accordance with customer contract and applicable codes and standards.
- Create engineering documentation and/or work with designers/drafters to create engineering documentation.
- Participate in design review.
- Provide manufacturing with technical assistance.
- Provide technical support during testing.
- Review and approve engineering documentation provided by external groups.
Educations & Experience Qualifications
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Preferred 5+ years of experience designing control systems.
- Knowledge of hazardous area standards including, but not limited to, ATEX, IECEx, and NEC.
- Knowledge of ABS, DNVGL, and API standards pertaining to BOP control systems.
- CompEx training or equivalent is a plus.
- Experience with Rockwell AADvance, ControlLogix, CompactLogix, and/or GE Fanuc hardware is a plus.
- Assembly And Installation
- Control Systems
- Design Review
- Electrical Engineering