Position: Senior Manager, Mining Unit
Reports to: NEOM Infrastructure Mining Director
Sector: Policy and Regulations - NEOM Authority
Job Location: Sharma, KSA
NEOM Authority is aiming to disrupt the existing models and set a new standard for governance in the world. It will institutionalize the Authority of the Future, which is digitally native, adaptive, Lean and Citizen / Business-centric.
Within NEOM Authority, the infrastructure department is accountable for the alignment with the Ministry of Industry and Mineral Resources to establish a Mining Unit in NEOM Authority (infrastructure department). Initially, while the Mining Unit will be the primary interface with investors, MIMR will retain the responsibility for mining licenses issuance with the Mining Unit ensuring that the mining licenses requests adhere to NEOM’s regulations. Subsequently, the Mining Unit will develop NEOM’s mining law and establish a Mining Department that will regulate mining within NEOM.
The key roles of the Mining Unit include:
- Investor relations: work in close collaboration with the tenant attraction/investor team to support interested investors with mining related information and procedures
- Licensing & permits: be the main point of contact to liaise with MIMR for mining license issuance and work with other NEOM authority departments for other permits issuance
- Mining operations: enforce mining related regulations (in conjunction with other NEOM sectors/authority departments and with MIMR)
- Regulations: development of mining-specific regulations and the future NEOM mining law
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
As a Senior Manager at the mining unit within NEOM authority, you will be working closely with the tenant attraction/investor team supporting and guiding investors through the process of mining from the first step of issuing the mining license for reconnaissance and exploration over exploitation to the closure of the mine to ensure that investors’ awareness and compliance of the regulations.
The job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Execute the legal and regulatory framework of the mining in NEOM
- Facilitate the working relationships with MIMR including the creation of formal communication channels, working methods through formal frameworks (MoUs)
- Develop information packages to investors and prospect investors outlining the legal and regulatory framework for mining in NEOM
- Reactively respond to investor queries in close coordination with the tenant attraction/investor team
- Liaise with MIMR on license issuance, compliance, retraction etc
- Liaise with NEOM departments to issue other permits, specifically water, environment, energy and mobility.
- Work with NEOM sectors/authorities to develop and enforce mining relating regulations
- Coordinate with MIMR on fiscal and physical monitoring
- Develop mining regulations and future NEOM mining law in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Work with other sectors to develop mining-specific regulations
BACKGROUND, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience of having led large-scale engineering programs with significant transformational impact on a global scale
- Deep and broad knowledge across the mining industry
Qualifications and Experience.
- Degree in Science, engineering or equivalent
- 10 to 15 years of experience leading an Engineering, Technology or R&D function
- Demonstrated results in effectively navigating complex organisations
- Free Accommodation.
- Free Laundry and housekeeping.
- Free transportation.
- 2 flights per month domestic round trip.
- 1 Annual Travel Allowance.
- Relocation Flight.
- Free Meals ( breakfast, lunch, dinner ).
- Schooling - 60K SAR per child up to 3 children.
- Bonus 20-30% annual (performance based).
- Savings Plan ( Long-term incentive plan ).
- Medical insurance ( VVIP health coverage), for Employee, Family & Parents.
- Annual Leave 30 working days annual.
- Remote Working 24 working days annual.
- Infrastructure Management
- Research And Development
- Stakeholder Management