South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America. We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come. We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
Worsley Alumina is one of the largest and lowest-cost bauxite mining and alumina refining operations in the world. Worsley manages a bauxite mine, alumina refinery and port operations in Western Australia’s South West.
Reporting to the Manager Human Resources, Worsley Alumina, the purpose of the role is to lead and execute the Refinery HR strategy and agenda, to ensure high quality HR coaching and support is provided across the full employment lifecycle to enable delivery of operational objectives.
- Lead, coach and shape the culture of the Refinery HR team
- Create effective relationships with customers, both internal and external to meet customer needs through reliable, effective, fit-for-purpose service
- Seek to solve problems and find better way of working using data to diagnose issues, inform decisions and actions
- Role model behaviours that are consistent with South32's values; trust, care, togetherness and excellence and Code of Conduct
- Understand key drivers of business performance and develop HR strategies that deliver positive business outcomes
- Ensure HR programs are in line with the global model and embed in day to day business processes
- Influence and provide strategic support to the GM ad other senior leaders and establish their commitment to and support for the HR function
- Lead the refinery HR team to ensure high quality HR business partnership support is delivered across the full employment lifecycle for ~800+ employees
- Set the long term employee relations (ER) strategy for the Refinery, focusing on direct engagement with employees and ensuring industrial agreements are structure to support operations
- Develop the re-negotiation strategy for all enterprise agreements across the refinery to deliver key ER objectives
- Lead the enterprise agreement renewal processes for all employee groups from planning, developing communication, leading negotiations with union officials to providing thorough updates to senior leaders
- Manage litigation matters for the refinery operation, including coordination of relevant external bodies
- Set the strategy for increasing inclusion and diversity across Worsley and embed initiatives across the refinery operations
- Significant experience in employee / industrial relations with a sound knowledge of industrial and ER theory, principles, policies and practices within a heavy industry context
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills, with an ability to effectively and creatively challenge people, situations and current thinking
- Experienced and credible in advising others on people management processes
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant degree (preferably HR / IR, Organisational Behaviour or Change Management)
This role will be based at our Worsley Refinery, where our employees choose to live in the Bunbury, Collie or other nearby communities which all offer an enviable country lifestyle. Surrounded by magnificent jarrah forests, pristine beaches and world-famous wineries, this is an opportunity too good to miss.
As there is no accommodation on site, you will be required to drive in and out on a daily basis, therefore, you will ideally live within 1 hour’s drive of Collie.
- Competitive Salaries
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Education and career development
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Short term bonuses
- Additional employer superannuation contributions which depends on the level of employee contributions you choose.
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Applications close 25th June