About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
The Commercial Coordinator provides commercial administration support and sales back-up assistance to the sales team. Communicate directly with customers, fielding enquiries and sending sales offers.
The Coordinator will also :
• Coordinate with third-party roasters in Europe, North and South America for product scheduling, timely releases of finished products, and movement of goods across borders. Assist with the coordination of tolling contracts with the respective roasters. Administer specified molybdenum purchase, swap and toll (internal and external) contracts.
• Organize and schedule deliveries of purchased, swapped or tolled material into the relevant processing plant (including any import documentation), assigning input lot numbers and entering the material into the inventory management system.
• Advise the processing plants of weights, assays and settlement procedures to be followed.
• Order material from the roasting plant, ensuring that the material is released on time and according to the correct specifications (organising transportation if applicable), prepare necessary export documentation, enter released product details into the inventory management system, and invoice customers.
• Participate in the coordination and organisation of all processing activity at Molybdenum roasters globally, in accordance with their respective roasting contracts.
• Liaise weekly (or more often if required) with the roasting company coordinators to ensure that ordered material is released on time.
• Prepare release schedules to summarise daily material requirements (ensuring that sales do not exceed production capacity) and monitor inventory levels. Monitor stock levels, invoice monthly consumption, and periodically check physical stocks.
• Assist with the establishment and maintenance of credit insurance coverage for credit customers. Ensure that credit insurance coverage for all active global customers is kept current and reflects the volume and value of business.
The work schedule is Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
What you’ll bring
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related field and 3 years of related experience in the mining industry. Alternatively, in lieu of a Bachelor's degree, employer will accept 2 additional years of work experience.
• Of the required experience, must have 2 years of experience in each of the following:
o Trading in metals and minerals;
o Commercial administration for a large mining company;
o Coordination and reconciliation relating to the processing of raw materials to finished goods;
o Working with shipping terms, trade finance, contracts, and associated documentation; and,
o Analyzing the impacts of European VAT regulations.
TO APPLY: Interested applicants must apply through [ Link removed ] & search for requisition number req48990.
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, women, the LGBTQIA2 community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.