You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Our client, an industry leading petrochemical-refinery company in Vietnam, is seeking an experienced Materials and Corrosion Engineering Lead to join its Asset Integrity division. The purpose of the position is to assist in the development of corrosion management strategies and their technical requirements, while aligning with industry best practices.
Reporting to the Section Manager, the successful applicant would provide support on day-to-day operations, projects, and Turnarounds.
- Develop MCE discipline improvement plan for management review and approval; including key work processes, procedures, resource planning and KPIs.
- Clear work planning and efficient delegation of work within the MCE team.
- Identification and assessment of refinery damage mechanisms in accordance with industry best practice and company operating procedures.
- Conduct material selection as required for new or existing assets.
- Lead failure investigations related to loss pf containment to identify root causes and then implement preventative measures identified.
- Develop and implement integrity management programs related to Materials and Corrosion engineering.
- Write and implement technical procedures, standards, work instructions etc. related to the materials and corrosion engineering discipline.
- Review operational, process, leak and corrosion trends in a proactive manner in order to develop corrosion mitigation strategies for the organization.
- Writing technical reports to summarize engineering recommendations.
- Provide technical recommendations for corrosion, cathodic protection and coatings.
- Resolve problems related to materials performance and corrosion management of refinery equipment with a strong emphasis on cross disciplinary interaction.
- Review inspection and integrity management programs for completeness, accuracy and appropriateness. Implement improvements as required.
- Contribute to work plans for events such as planned and unplanned shutdowns.
- Guide, direct and motivate less experienced engineers and staff.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Education Required: University Graduate in Mechanical or Metallurgical/Materials Engineering.
- Minimum of 15 years as a Materials and Corrosion Engineer in a refinery or petrochemical plant.
- Knowledge of oil refinery operations, processes and equipment. Including awareness of typical fluid services, e.g. wet H2S service, caustic and amine services.
- Sound working knowledge of oil refinery damage mechanisms (including selection and detailed assessments).
- Knowledge of typical materials used on refinery process equipment and their limitations/advantages of these.
- Knowledge of process chemicals used in hydrocarbon and water refinery systems.
- Sound working knowledge of international pressure equipment integrity management codes/standards such as NACE, API, DNVGL, WRC, EMMUA etc.
- Experience in developing and implementing Integrity Operating Windows.
- Sound experience in conducting multidisciplinary loss if containment investigations with special focus on refinery damage mechanisms.
- Experience in conducting metallurgical failure analysis (includes being able to specify the correct metallurgical testing required).
- Proficient in selecting damage mechanism specific NDE and developing the associated equipment//piping CML's.
- Experience initiating and leading new initiatives and integrity management programs relevant to materials and corrosion engineering.
- Basic understanding of common welding process and their application in the refinery environment.
- Ability to work autonomously with strong decision-making skills.
- Excellent leadership, communication and coordination skills.
- Experience working as part of a diverse team.
- Efficiency with common software packages such as Word, Excel and Access.
- English skills IELTS > 6.0.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Master's Degree relevant to materials and/or corrosion engineering.
- NACE certified corrosion engineer, API 580, NACE CP Level 2, NACE CIP Level 2, API 571.
- Familiarity with corrosion modelling software.
- Leadership training.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.
- Cathodic Protection
- Corrosion Engineering
Job ID: BBBH42088