Job Category: [[filter4]]
Work Contract: [[custWorkContract]]
At Cameco, we are committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of the communities we operate in. We promote employment equity and encourage candidates to voluntarily disclose during the application process if they are a member of a designated group (i.e. women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities). In addition, Cameco is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and working environment. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise the representative of any accommodation measures that would be required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Position and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for operating a variety of mobile equipment to maintain the site, roads, and airport in a safe and effective manner. You will provide support to other trades on site.
Education and Qualifications
Requirements of the position:
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent
- One to three years of relevant work experience
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience considered
- Experience on 966 and 988 loaders, 733 haul trucks, vac trucks and garbage trucks
- Valid Class 2 driver’s licence
- Willingness to perform manual labour as required
- Work a rotational schedule and commute to site by aircraft
- Experience as a member of the Occupational Health Committee (OHC)
- An aptitude and desire to become a member of the emergency response team.
- Valid Class 1A driver’s licence
Applicants will be considered for a level within the job progression, which is appropriate to their qualifications. Preference will be given to residents of Saskatchewan’s north.
Req ID #: 34369
Posted: May 4, 2021
Posting end date: May 25, 2021
Safety Sensitive Position
The Rabbit Lake operation is located in northern Saskatchewan and operates on a rotational schedule. Employees commute to the site by aircraft from designated locations in Saskatchewan.
Safety is a top priority at Cameco. Successful candidates for all positions that will involve work at Safety-Sensitive Sites or in Safety-Sensitive Positions must take and pass a Substance Test, which includes marijuana, as a condition of employment. Marijuana remains in a user’s system for about 30 days, so applicants who recently used marijuana recreationally should not expect to pass a substance test.
Occupational Hearing Conservation