Wärtsilä is an innovative technology company known for being a forerunner in the Marine and Energy markets. Every day, we – Wärtsilians - put our hearts and minds into turning Wärtsilä's purpose of enabling sustainable societies through innovation in technology and services into reality.
We want to transition the world towards a decarbonised and sustainable future. By pushing the boundaries of engineering and technology, we can make it work. Together, we can create new business opportunities and more sustainable future that we can all be proud of. Want to join the ride?
Technical Services is a globally recognized technical knowledge function in Wärtsilä, supporting internal and external stakeholders during the lifecycle of products and solutions. The Technical Expert – Technical Services gives technical support to internal and external customers after handover of the systems from Engineering and Execution departments to Services department (during warranty and lifecycle period). The Expert participates in product improvement and development activities, supports field service activities and conduct technical investigations into the issues encountered in the field.
We are now looking for a Technical Expert - Rotary Equipment with competency in LNG and/or LPG systems to enhance our capability of performing lifecycle support tasks for Wärtsilä Gas Solutions product family. We offer you interesting tasks in a multicultural environment where you will gain deep knowledge of the Gas Solutions product family. Services organization in Gas Solutions Business Line is taking a new shape and putting more focus to even better support the customers using Gas Solutions equipment.
Now we start to strengthen the Technical Services function. Location: Asker, Norway; Gydnia, Poland or Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
- To solve technical issues in the field related to the Gas Solutions systems (LNG/LPG/Biogas Systems), products and their components
- To proactively provide recommendations to customers based on data/information received in the field
- To provide technical training to the customers as well as Wärtsilä colleagues in Gas Solutions, Service Units and other departments
- To provide technical content as well as to coordinate technical bulletin creation within own responsibility area
- To support R&D and product development processes field feedback/experience back to the Product Development process
- Works with sales team to identify customers real needs and produce best fit solutions
- To perform Root Cause Analysis for severe issues experienced in the field in order to trigger corrective actions and needed product improvemen
- Higher degree in engineering (e.g. Bachelor or Master degree) – Process-, Mechanical Engineering or an relevant engineering education
- Previous experience from Maritime (Ship/FPSO), Oil & Gas and/or Process industry
- Previous experience of LNG and/or LPG systems is beneficial
- Knowledge of Compressors (ex. Burckhardt, Mayekawa, Atlas Copco etc.) and Pumps (ex. Cryostar, Svanehøj etc) utilized in the Oil & Gas industry is preferable
- Experience with Maintenance and Overhaul of Rotating Equipment (Compressors, Pumps etc) is required
- Knowledge of Equipment Inspection, Maintenance Planning, Root Cause Analysis is an advantage
- Field Service experience (onshore/offshore) is required
- Good command of English, both oral and written
We expect you to be proactive and willing to learn and adapt to new technologies. Our official working language is English, you should have good command of English, both oral and written.
Willingness to travel, i.e. installation and follow-up of equipment for field testing or on-site troubleshooting (estimated 40-80 days per year). Please apply by 31st of January 2023
Contact person to give further information Mayukh Bandopadhyay, Manager – Technical Services Mobile:
Last application date: 31/01/2023
At Wärtsilä we value, respect and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in innovative technologies and lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. We emphasise innovation in sustainable technology and services to help our customers continuously improve their environmental and economic performance. Our dedicated and passionate team of 17,000 professionals in more than 200 locations in 68 countries shape the decarbonisation transformation of our industries across the globe. In 2021, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 4.8 billion. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Find out more at [ Link removed ] .
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
- Diversity Awareness
- Field Service Management