If you are a Software Engineer/Senior Software Engineer looking for a phenomenal opportunity to grow, develop and expand your skills professionally, Emerson has an exciting, must-see opportunity for you based in our MARSHALLTOWN, IA location (“Marshalltown More than Ever”). As a Software Engineer/Sr. on the User Interface Software Development Team you will design, analyze, and build valve configuration and diagnostic software. This opportunity will also give you the ability to pick up new technologies, redevelop existing legacy technologies, tie physical world to the virtual world, valve diagnostic and configuration tools, and be a part of mobile development in future. If interested, we would love to talk to you!! AS A SOFTWARE ENGINEER, YOU WILL:
- Develop software applications using standard methodologies on an Agile team
- Review teammates’ code
- Help plan & roadmap new features and functionality
- Perform software quality assurance testing
- Perform technical support activities as assigned
- Assist with other project activities as assigned by management
Senior Level Duties (commensurate with experience) include but are not limited to:
- Independently complete software development tasks
- Actively suggest, plan, and roadmap new features and functionality
- Responsible for recommending and leading process improvements
- Mentor lower level engineers
- Independently solve and resolve technical support incidents
WHO YOU ARE:
You deal constructively with problems that do not have clear solutions or outcomes. You deliver messages in a clear, compelling, and concise manner. You uncover root causes to difficult problems. You quickly and decisively take actions in fact-changing, unexpected situations.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or Computer Science or equivalent certifications or relevant years of work experience required
- 0 - 5 years of professional software development experiences.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Hands on experience with programming languages (e.g. C , C#, Java, etc.)
- Working knowledge of version control (e.g. Microsoft Team Foundation Server)
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming, analysis, and design
- Excellent software development skills
- Experience with the complete software development life cycle and QA processes in an Agile environment
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- The ability to contribute in a team environment
Senior Level knowledge/skills/abilities (commensurate with experience):
- Ability to work independently in an autonomous environment
- Ability to architect sophisticated software features and functionality in a maintainable and modular way
- Experience planning and leading team projects to completion with minimal guidance
Flexible Work Schedule – Remote Work Option
This role has the flexibility of a remote work option up to three days a week. Our teams work together to ensure our chosen work schedules enable our creativity and productivity as we serve the needs of our customers.
[ Link removed ]
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. [ Link removed ] .
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] and about [ Link removed ] .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [ Link removed ] .
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.
Software Quality Assurance (Sqa)
Extensible Markup Language (Xml)
Java Script (Programming Language)
Java (Programming Language)
C Sharp (Programming Language)
Cascading Style Sheets (Css)