If you are a SALES professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our SIDNEY, OH location, we are adding a Variable Frequency Drive Solutions Architect to our Cold Chain Solutions Strategy Team. You will lead the efforts with customers and internal teams to identify market trends and pain points to be solved utilizing Emerson variable frequency drives, controls, compression and related products. You must be familiar with the application of variable frequency drives and able to formulate strategy that connect the market trends and available technology. You will collaboration with Cold Chain sales, product management, marketing, engineering, and operations. You will analyze strategic positions of Emerson solutions and competitors to prepare appropriate strategy and facilitate the execution of that strategy. If you are interested in being our subject matter expert on variable frequency drive applications, this is a position for you! AS VARIABLE FREQUENCY DRIVE SOLUTION ARCHITECT, YOU WILL:
WHO YOU ARE:
- Act in a Pre-sales role within the selling process helping our customer understand the benefits of applying variable frequency drives to various applications in the Food Retail, Foodservice, Transportation, Healthcare, and Industrial markets.
- Provide consultative advice on using variable frequency drive solutions in applications across the entire food, vaccine, and other cold chains.
- Strong Focus on big picture cold chain opportunities
- Working directly with the sales team and customer, to discover customer pain points, budget, timing, and value expectations
- Translates technical performance back into customer value and savings
- Works with Sales and other departments to develop strategies to grow cold chain sales by managing pricing, margins, and profitability across Emerson variable frequency solution portfolio.
- Conducts market, product, competitor, and customer research to determine unmet customer needs and translate into potential solutions and/ or product requirements for new product development strategy.
- Actively collaborates with Engineering, Operations, and Sales teams throughout the selling process to ensure the identified opportunities our delivered as proposed.
- Provide first line of technical support for variable frequency drive applications (Controls, drive, compressors, motors, etc)
- Develop the business case and financial justification to prioritize opportunities for potential customer solutions
You keep up with current and possible future policies, practices, and trends in the organization, with the competition, and in the marketplace. You identify opportunities that benefit the customer. You ask the right questions to accurately analyze situations. You can take a creative idea and put it into practice. You are attentive to competitive landscapes leveraging knowledge, enabling better decisions. You establish clear goals with anticipated outcomes and results. You get input early and often in order to draw the complete picture.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- BS degree in Engineering or related technical discipline
- Three years of product development / marketing / sales / business development experience or related experience
- Demonstrated success in sales, application engineering or marketing with variable speed drive applications
- Effective analytical, coordination and verbal communication skills
- Adaptability to handle changing selling environments
- Ability to travel up to 25-35%
- Legal work authorization in the United States - Sponsorship will not be provided for this role
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Proven track record of translating market trends & customer needs into an actionable strategies
- Strength in understanding Emerson Cold Chain solutions
We offer a work life balance to our employees, general working hours for this position are Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00p.m.
Emerson places a high value on ensuring that employees have a good work-life balance. We provide access to a competitive benefits package, including the following: medical insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401k participation with a competitive immediate match, fitness center, tuition reimbursement, parental leave, and an online wellness rewards program. Immediate vacation and holiday leave available, including a shutdown from December 24 through New Year’s Day. Employee resource groups, including a very active Diversity and Inclusion committee, ensure that the Emerson values are incorporated into everyday employee life.
Why Work in the Greater Miami Valley Area
Our facility is located in [ Link removed ] which is conveniently located within driving distance to several larger cities, such as [ Link removed ] , [ Link removed ] , and [ Link removed ] . The area’s generally low costs of living, excellent school systems, and low crime rates create a family-friendly environment. The area is home to several growing communities with restaurants, festivals, shopping, and arts scenes that make them exciting places to live and work.
About our Location
The newly renovated Sidney campus has 1M square feet of manufacturing floor with an additional 120k square feet of leading-edge lab facilities. This location is the headquarters for the air conditioning and cold chain businesses. Through our 30 years of scroll compressor expertise, our air conditioning related products help bring comfort and convenience in commercial, industrial and residential spaces. The cold chain business helps ensure that food safely and efficiently travels from farm to fork. Approximately 1600 employees work in Sidney, who all support a multitude of business functions. With the blend of businesses and functions represented under this one roof, there are many opportunities for advancement within the Sidney location.
[ Link removed ]
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. [ Link removed ] .
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] and about [ Link removed ] .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [ Link removed ] .
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.
- Business Development
- New Product Development
- Product Management