Play an important part in developing a safe environment within an exciting industry
Would you like to ensure a high quality of our HSE culture and solutions within the Operations department at MHI Vestas Offshore Wind? Are you looking for a position where you can cooperate with and influence both internal and external stakeholders?
You will play a key supporting role to both the construction projects as well as transport and tools departments. You will participate in the decision-making process deciding how to handle HSE matters at our construction sites around the world in cooperation with the Project HSE Manager.
Tasks & responsibilities: You will…
…work closely with your colleagues to ensure a constant focus on all HSE matters during the analysis, pre-assembly, construction and execution phases. As a HSE Coordinator, you will join a department that supports the entire value chain, and you will be working on our on- and offshore sites around the world. As a staff function to MHI Vestas Offshore Wind, the HSE department works widely in the entire organisation and the staff support the daily Matrix organisation in their effort of Sales, Construction and Service Business.
Your tasks will also include:
- Ensuring that the organisation has an in-depth safety culture
- Ensuring that projects and sites comply with the current conditions, rules and legalisations regarding environment and working environment
- Communicating to all relevant stakeholders, both internal and external
- Defining, building and being part of the sites setup for construction projects to ensure compliance with client requirements and deliverables
- Working proactively to ensure a world-class safety culture and zero LTI targets
- Transfer of knowledge from site to improve documentation and systems
- Supporting HSE Team Leads in planning and implementing campaigns and proactive safety measures
Our team values an open, proactive and positive attitude from its colleagues. As such, ideal candidates will have both highly developed health and safety and interpersonal communication skills.
Skills & experience: Our new colleague…
…has 3-5 years of experience with HSE coordination and management from the onshore/offshore industry or another relevant industry. You must have good knowledge of legislative requirements and experience with change management. We expect you to have worked with HSE risk management and HSE assurance such as safety audits and emergency response preparedness. As a person, you are a motivated team player who approaches tasks in a structured and systematic way. Flexibility and adaptability are crucial characteristics as the role demands a large amount of travel and thereby adjustments to various sites around the world.
We also expect that you:
- Have good communication skills and the ability to influence and engage with a wide range of stakeholders, internal and external
- Can take ownership and responsibility of tasks
- Have auditor skills (preferred, not required)
- Possess good facilitator skills
- Have good English skills
- Are flexible, as this is a split role between Site and Backoffice support
- Are willing and able to travel internationally, approx. 150 days per year
Join us if you…
...want to work in an international and ambitious company where we always strive to be the global leader in the offshore wind market. You will be part of a dedicated team in an ambitious, innovative and professional organisation.
In HSE, we offer you:
- Great colleagues that support each other and work together
- Excellent opportunities for professional and personal development
- A broad interface with many stakeholders
- A consulting role with influence
We’re already looking forward to hearing from you. You will be employed out of Warrington, The United Kingdom, but you should expect to spend approx. 150 +/- days per year travelling to our on-/ offshore sites. Therefore, you should be able to travel and work internationally. This is a split role between Site and Backoffice support. You will be working on a limited contract of 2 years.
Please note that applications are handled on an ongoing basis. So, please send your application and CV as soon as possible using the link on this page. We treat all inquiries confidentially.
Established in April 2014, MHI Vestas Offshore Wind is a joint venture between Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) and Vestas Wind Systems A/S. Our vision is to be a leading player in the offshore industry by co-developing offshore wind as a financially viable and sustainable energy source to benefit future generations. An international organisation with +3500 employees and HQ in Aarhus, Denmark, we also have offices in the UK, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Taiwan, Japan and the USA.