Vacancy details General information Organisation
Since its creation, SPIE Oil & Gas Services mission as a service company has been to turn work into energy and vice versa.
Over 3,000 engineers and technicians dedicate themselves everyday to live projects as adventures, in which risk-taking never exceeds preparation.
Thanks to their energy, and the most extensive range of services available on the market, from Oil & Gas industry to Pharmaceutical industry, we assist our clients from engineering phase of their projects to operations.
Our presence is sustainable in over 40 countries.
We are continuously seeking to renew ourselves.
Our clients are the catalyst of our evolution.
We are committed in a strong CSR approach and diversity takes part of our priorities. Reference
2018-6893 Position descriptionJob title
Automobile Assistant Technician M/FContract
Full timeContract duration
1 yearEmployee Status
We currently have an opportunity within SPIE Oil & Gas Services Qatar for a: Profile
Automobile Assistant Technician
This is an opportunity for you to be responsible and to provide support on the preventive maintenance and operation of automobile and equipment.
Your main duties will be to:-
- Assist in keeping equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
- Assist in maintaining vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage.
- Assist in verifying vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Assist in complying with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Assist in maintaining vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
- Assist in maintaining vehicle records by recording service and repairs.
- Assist in keeping shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Assist in containing costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Assist in keeping supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Assist in updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Assist in accomplishing maintenance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Ideally you will have a Technical certificate in Automobile or equivalent from a recognized and approved program. Candidate criteriaMinimum level of education required
You must have minimum of 5 years work experience in Oil and Gas industry.
You will have good interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as, a good level of computer literacy and be proficient in Microsoft Office.
You will need excellent communication and presentation skills in both written and verbal English.
SPIE Oil & Gas Services promotes diversity. All our positions are suitable for disabled people.
C-Post-Secondary Non-Tertiary Education (A Level)Minimum level of experience required
3 years or moreLanguages
English (C-Professional working proficiency)
Complex Problem Solving