ACCIONA Energy is the biggest 100% renewable energy company with no fossil legacy in the world. With more than 30 years of experience and operations in 20 countries on five continents, ACCIONA Energy offers a wide portfolio of tailored energy solutions so that its corporate and institutional clients can meet their decarbonisation goals. This includes the development, engineering, construction, operation and maintenance of renewable power plants -mainly wind and photovoltaic technologies-, energy sales and management and marketing, energy services, self-consumption, electric mobility and new technologies such as storage and green hydrogen. ACCIONA Energy is governed by the most demanding environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) criteria.
Coordinate, oversee and optimize the management of the operating asset portfolio in the US and Canada, under the guidance of Operations executive management team. Foster relationships with the different stakeholders of the assets, including landowners, local county, state and federal representatives, utilities, etc. Ensure all necessary permits/licenses, are maintained and updated to ensure ongoing operations of the assets.
Descripción del puesto
• Facilitate the coordination of the relationship with the landowners, local authorities at all levels and local communities where the project are located. Respond to requests from key stakeholders in order to take into account the best interests of the projects.
• Identify, anticipate, and resolve potential local, state and community issues that could have an adverse impact/effect the relationship with the community and operating assets.
• Oversee and monitor the operations of the assets/facilities, in collaboration with the other departments (Finance, Power Marketing, Legal, etc.) to ensure optimization and awareness.
• Closely collaborate with functions including Power Marketing; Construction; Operations and Maintenance; Wind Resources; Legal; Marketing Communications; and Human Capital to ensure business strategies are consistent with North American and Corporate objectives.
• Track and ensure current permits/licenses remain valid, and as necessary renew to ensure compliance.
• Prepare reports and relevant facts to present to the Operations executive management.
• Review project alternatives with regards to financial viability, identifying key credit and project risks, and develop and implement mitigation strategies to address these risks
• Collaborate with operations to analyse and propose actions to optimize the operations and economic or technical performance of the assets.
• Develop and implement work procedures to optimize and improve efficiency of the operating assets.
• Oversee and manage fleet vehicles working with operations teams to ensure titles, registration is current.
• Comply with the objectives and policy of the Integrated Management System.
• Manage, monitor, and control insurance related issues across the operating assets and associated to the global structure of Acciona in the North American market. This includes dealing with policy providers, claim assessors and other parties included in this process. Also, insurance related matters documented in the Project Agreement and to be reviewed by Insurance Advisors for both Lenders and Investors should be reviewed
Requisitos del candidato
• Bachelor’s degree in related engineering field from ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology) accredited university required. Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering preferred.
• Possess a working understanding of cost accounting, budgeting, and contract implementation
• *Ability to successfully interact with key executives, external and internal customers
• Able to work in an indoor or outdoor environment
• Valid driver’s license
• Hold or be able to obtain a passport
• Advanced degree and/or Professional Engineering (P.E) License preferred, but not required
• Minimum of 10-15 years of experience in utility or power plant operations and maintenance, with at least 5 years in a managerial position
• Strengths will include strong leadership skills (history of collaborating and working with managing a remote team is a plus), excellent communication, organization, and negotiation skills
• Prior experience managing technologies at large scale facilities or work locations
• Prior experience managing contracts
• Ability to travel 25% – 50% of time to domestic and international locations
Somos una compañía que valora la diversidad como fuente de talento y por ello trabajamos para impulsar un entorno inclusivo en el que se promueve el respeto, la pertenencia y el compromiso de forma que todas las personas puedan participar en igualdad de oportunidades. Invitamos a todas las personas a inscribirse con independencia del origen, circunstancias, bagaje o condición. ACCIONA ha recibido la certificación Top Employer 2021 y 2022, que reconoce a la Compañía como una de las mejores empresas para trabajar en España.
- Contract Management
- Electrical Engineering
- Energy Production