Covia is a leading supplier of minerals and material solutions to the industrial and energy markets. Covia’s rich legacy includes many achievements across industries and capital success through partnership. Our ability to deliver the right product, to the right place, at the right time, is unmatched. Just as strong is our commitment to building partnerships that help our customers succeed.
Quality and innovation are at the foundation of Covia; but our real strength is our people. Covia employs a diverse and highly skilled team of professionals to convert natural minerals into engineered solutions for our customers. Every member of our team has a valuable opportunity to help shape our future and make a positive impact on the world around us through our commitment to the locations where we live and work.
Covia is looking for a dynamic Environmental Safety & Health Tech who will have a positive impact on the Operations team at its Menomonie, WI location. The Menomonie plant is a smaller industrial plant (10 employees on site) supplying sand for the glass and roofing industries. The EHS Tech will oversee the Safety & Health and Environmental Programs in a manner consistent with Corporate and governmental standards.
The successful incumbent will have the following Key Accountabilities:
- Establish and implement plant safety programs consistent with Corporate Safety and Health policies that incorporate required regulatory training, including MSHA New Miner Training, Annual Refresher Training, Site Specific Contractor Training, First Aid, CPR & AED training.
- Monitor and perform regularly scheduled audits and inspections for plant program adherence to all policies, processes, equipment and work areas
- Participate and log incident and near hit investigations
- Manage employee physicals and audiograms
- Perform industrial hygiene sampling for both personal and work areas relating to dusty, heavy metals and noise categories to meet corporate sampling and health objectives
- Submit reports for all safety, including man-hours worked, WC & MSHA injury
- Perform various activities to maintain in compliance with state, local, federal laws and all associated permit regulations including: NPDES Water Sampling and Reporting, air quality monitoring and annual EIQ, storm water inspection planning and maintenance, blasting license renewal and shot tracking
- Work with EA on reclamation plans and disturbance reporting
- Ensure training as required by environmental permits is complete
- Maintain liaison with Corporate Safety and Environmental Departments
- Other Duties as assigned
The successful incumbent will have the following Minimum Qualifications:
- Occupational Safety & Health experience and additional Safety & Health experience in Mine and Mineral Processing preferred
- Experience with nonmetallic mining air and water permits
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, SharePoint
- Excellent Healthcare Benefits – medical, vision, dental
- 401K with company matching
- Vacation + Paid Holidays
- Disability, Life / AD&D, and Long Term Care Insurances
- Employee Assistance Program
At Covia, we strive for and support a diverse workforce as we firmly believe this lays the foundation of our success. Our compelling culture supports inclusion, individuality and respect within the workplace. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non-work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status.
The organization offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Occupational Safety And Health
Automated External Defibrillator