Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Strong Technical skills in Project Management Tools preferred. Position is in Arlington, VA.
Support PMIS & Mobilization for new Projects set up.
• Prepare & Project Management Control Tools for Project Execution
• Work with Project Manager & Team to establish proper control procedures and processes
• Perform weekly financial review; identify necessary corrections
• Initiate and process labor and AP transfers
• Establish and maintain cost tracking reports to monitor budgets against actual costs and forecasts
• Provide project manager with weekly project financial updates
• Schedule, prepare for and participate in monthly project reviews
• Understand change management processes and help the team with proper guidance and implementation.
• Prepare procurement tools and forms for subcontract initiation
• Assist with project Documentation Management & Controls
• Coordinate with Project Managers, Operations Management, Accounting Department, Staff, and Subconsultants
• Other duties as requested
• Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Engineering required
• Understanding of Project Management Controls tools & Systems and practices is required
• A minimum of 4 years’ experience in the industry is required
• Computer skills (strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, working knowledge of databases, and Outlook) is required
• Good verbal and written communication skills (including grammar, spelling) is required
• Strong problem-solving skills required
• Ability to prioritize work required
• Ability to take direction and complete tasks with minimal direction or supervision is required
• Work expeditiously, and under time constraints is required
• Very organized and detail oriented is required
• Team player is required
• Experience with P6, Prolog, BIM, Unifier, E-builder etc. Tools will be preferred
Local candidates strongly preferred. There is no relocation assistance for this role so candidate must be willing to relocate on their own.
Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under URL blocked - click to apply
and [ Link removed ]