Position is responsible for supporting Seabrook and renewable energy projects in the North Region and will operate under direct to general supervision. Support regional leadership in the development of strategic plans and coordination of strategic initiatives associated with the assigned portfolio.
Primary responsibilities are analyses on strategic and commercial issues impacting the financial outcomes for specific asset or portfolio of assets and include making recommendations to management on strategic initiatives such as hedging decisions and contracting efforts, regulatory analysis, commercial/market analysis and financial modeling, completing due diligence, ad hoc projects/report development, document management, and other misc. projects. Successful candidates will demonstrate effective communication with internal and external customer groups to deliver results timely.
This role provides the opportunity to work with the state regulatory team to develop strategies to ensure state and regulatory policies properly value Seabrook’s carbon free attributes and the reliability it provides to the grid. This role also provides the opportunity to gain an understanding on how the market functions in de-regulated markets. The successful candidate will be a key role working with the regulatory team in developing and evaluating ISO proposals.
Ideal candidates should be able to operate under limited supervision. Position with be primarily responsible for effectively collaborating across internal project teams and external stakeholders to manage strategic project initiatives and analyze and communicate financial impacts to leadership. The ideal candidate understands NextEra’s core business, is an effective leader and can provide guidance and coaching to the team. Candidate should be a self-starter, have effective communication and written skills, and can prioritize multiple projects and tasks effectively. Energy industry knowledge, project management and prior supervision experience preferred.
Leaders in this position support the overall P and L management of one or more NextEra generating assets that have achieved commercial operation. This role supports strategic decision-making with respect to such assets, including hedging, operations and maintenance. This role identifies opportunities and analyzes the impact on company financials to maximize P and L profitability.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Manages a team responsible for improving the generating asset's P and L, operations monitoring, development and assessment of value-added ideas to optimize asset performance and increase profitability
• Reviews proposed budgets and monthly forecasts, financial analyses, ad hoc reports, and modeling
• Ensures compliance with power purchase agreements, land leases, financings and regulatory requirements
• Resolves issues across multiple assets and/or states and presents findings and results to all levels of management
• Works with teams throughout the company in a manager or coordinator capacity
• Maintains close working relationships with partners, customers and stakeholders
• Recommends hedging strategies
• Negotiates various commercial agreements
• Leads or assists with value-added projects such as supporting regional leadership in the development of strategic plans, mergers and acquisitions, project development, asset optimization, restructurings and building relationships with off-takers, landowners, and state and local regulators
• Trains and mentors team members
• Performs other job-related duties as assignedRequired Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience:8+ yearsPreferred Qualifications
• Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
• Supervisor/Management Experience:1+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics
Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy and provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to [ Link removed ] , providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call
. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our [ Link removed ] for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Palm Beach
Nearest Secondary Market: Miami
- Chartered Financial Analyst
- Contract Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Decision Making
- Document Management Systems
- Due Diligence