Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow, and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Energy, Security and Technology business is invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
About the opportunity:
Jacobs is currently recruiting for a site based EC&I Engineer to join our nuclear power business. The Jacobs’ nuclear power business supports clients across the energy generation and new build sectors. Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised by our clients and our technical excellence and strong client relationships put us at the forefront of our industry, along with our proven expertise in managing large, complex projects in the UK and overseas. What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, colleagues, and clients, collaborating to achieve outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
The primary location for this role is at Sizewell B nuclear power station in Norfolk but has the potential for travel to other client sites and Jacobs offices as required.
The post is for those with demonstrable experience in delivering solutions to the civil nuclear or other highly regulated industries. Candidates will be familiar with the requirements of working in a regulated environment and leading in the delivery of EC&I engineering activities. Knowledge in any of the following areas is considered a distinct advantage: IEC SC45a suite of standards (and how to apply/comply with them), programmable electronic components, equipment assessment and qualification (hardware & software), nuclear safety cases, ageing and obsolescence management, system design, PLCs and system coding and testing.
The candidate must be highly motivated with the ability to work autonomously and provide guidance to junior members of the team whilst delivering projects to quality, schedule and budget. They will be confident and comfortable when facing clients and developing relationships, with the ability to support the production of value adding tenders that meet client requirements. The ability to mentor and support the development of junior engineers with a willingness to passing on knowledge and experience is highly regarded.
• Degree in relevant engineering discipline (or evidence of delivering a similar role at the same level in the nuclear industry).
• Ability to work in the UK and eligible to gain BPSS and CTC vetting (minimum security clearance)
• Chartered engineer status with a relevant professional body (or experience necessary to attain) or marked progress towards application
• Experience in the nuclear industry or other highly regulated industry (e.g. rail, aerospace etc)
• Knowledge of electrical systems, control systems and process instrumentation in both conventional and safety related applications
• Awareness of Civil nuclear plant systems, structures and component and associated design and assessment guidelines (or relevant engineering principles from other highly regulated industries)
• Awareness of software-based control systems (e.g. PLCs, FPGAs, SMART Components, SCADA, HMIs, DCSs, DPSs)
• Awareness of relevant guidelines, standards and practices (e.g. IEC 61508, 61511, 61513, 61226, ONR SAPs / TAGS)
• An awareness of risk identification, quantification, management and of HSE requirements
• Experience in the production (authoring, verification, and validation) of engineering plans, reports and specifications - An ability to understand and interpret engineering drawings and requirement specifications
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. [ Link removed ]
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – 2.1062705.1096
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit [ Link removed ] to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please [ Link removed ] .
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then [ Link removed ]
- Aerospace Industries
- Confident And Emotionally Stable
- Control Systems
- Electrical Installation Work
- Financial Management
- Iec 61508