Summary: As a Process Engineer, you will be responsible for process optimization at the various biorefineries in the Green Plains portfolio. You will collaborate with the operations and engineering staff to standardize key processes and control strategies across the platform. In this position, you will also have the ability to analyze process data to identify potential efficiency and capacity improvements. Focus areas for the role are equipment reliability and uptime, debottlenecking, product yield, and expense reduction.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Implement Green Plains safety and environmental requirements on all projects including but not limited to overseeing hot work, confined space entry, lock-out/tag-out, etc.
- Participate in safety programs and ongoing training sessions
- Collaborate with operations and engineering staff to standardize key processes and control strategies across the platform
- Analyze process data to identify potential efficiency and capacity improvements
- Assist plant operations staff with troubleshooting equipment and unit operation issues
- Update engineering records including equipment lists, equipment specifications, and piping & instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs)
- Travel to plants expected, approximately 25%
- Bachelors degree in Engineering required. Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, Process, Agricultural and Biosystems, or other related field preferred
- Relevant internship, Co-op, or other engineering experience preferred
- Knowledge of mass and energy balance, fluid mechanics, and heat and mass transfer
- Must be hard working and self-motivated
- Ability to work well with others and independently
- Excellent organizational, time management, and prioritization skills to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Proficient with computer applications including MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Word, with the ability to pick up on new programs quickly.
- Possess high standards to accomplish the goals of this company
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of industry developments and best practices
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Valid driver's license
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, elevated work areas, dusty conditions, and elevated noise levels
- Ability to work after hours/weekends and on call as needed
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 60 lbs
- Ability to climb ladders, bend, twist and reach, or stand for long periods of time
Green Plains Inc. offers competitive pay: a generous benefit package including business casual work environment, health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO) and a 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting and company safe harbor matching. All potential employees of Green Plains Inc. will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check prior to employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Green Plains Inc. (NASDAQ:GPRE) is a leading biorefining company focused on the development and utilization of fermentation, agricultural and biological technologies in the processing of annually renewable crops into sustainable value-added ingredients. This includes the production of cleaner low carbon biofuels, renewable feedstocks for advanced biofuels and high purity alcohols for use in cleaners and disinfectants. Green Plains is an innovative producer of Ultra-High Protein and novel ingredients for animal and aquaculture diets to help satisfy a growing global appetite for sustainable protein. The Company also owns a 48.9% limited partner interest and a 2.0% general partner interest in Green Plains Partners LP.
- Business Process Improvement
- Confined Spaces
- Fluid Mechanics
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Industry Developments