Requisition ID: 117480
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Project Controls Scheduling
Employment Type: Full Time
This position will be heavily focused on scheduling. Mid-level project controls position. Develops planning/scheduling and budget cost controls with support and direction from Senior Project Controls personnel.
Kiewit's South Central District is one of Kiewit's leading infrastructure districts specializing in heavy civil, transportation, and water resource markets. Projects you could be working on could include mass grading, drainage, paving, utility and more. Although most of our work is regionally based in the south-central region of the United States, we also pursue various projects stretching across the United States. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about infrastructure and committed to the construction industry as opposed to design.
This position will start out in Fort Worth TX. It will require relocation to South TX, Louisiana, or potentially Little Rock AR. All candidates must be 100% comfortable with relocation. (Not traveling, actually moving).
• Develop, update and maintain resource loaded project schedules that are fully integrated with Kiewit Energy’s engineering partner(s). Organize and document project planning sessions.
• Merge project engineering and procurement with construction and commissioning schedules then maintain throughout the job.
• Develop and publish monthly deliverable curves and graphs.
• Develop and maintain budget and cost reports, earned value analyses, and resource planning and allocation.
• Compile summary level project reports for management.
• Analyze project controls data to assist project manager in directing project activities. Assist in the tracking of project change orders and development of projections.
• Assist project managers with development of project procedures.
• Travel to jobsites to participate in project status updates.
• Provide analysis and feedback regarding project closeout information to the business development department.
• Assist in developing projections for projects.
• Utilize the quality assurance manual.
• Complete progress and quantity audits to validate reported progress.
• Complete time impact analyses and support contract management in resolution to impacts.
• Assist the project in compiling and management the short term schedule development and reporting (90 day, 3 week and 1 week look ahead schedules)
• Produce monthly process report to include reporting on schedule and cost progress, trends and forecasts.
• Knowledge of project management software such as Primavera, Excel, Word, Access, and quantity management tools
• Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
• Knowledgeable regarding project management principles
• High degree of confidentiality and integrity with sensitive information
• Comfortable in a project leadership role, including calling and managing a meeting, and making decisions with regards to project budget and schedule
• Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, or technical training and related experience
• A minimum of 2 years working in P6 as a scheduler.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.