The mission of the IT Project Manager is to make sure the project stakeholders and LUMINUS will benefit from project deliveries according to commitments and expectations by constantly managing the triangle of scope, timing and budget.
Luminus is a major player in the utility market. This market is actually evolving from a commodity market to a service market where both digitalization and innovate services need to be elaborated. This makes our activity very challenging both on business and IT services.
The IT PM has a responsible role in delivering IT solutions to Luminus businesses. Hereby he/she has to act as an important bridge between business and IT. Taking the changing business environment into account, this is even more important. Therefore he/she will be supported by both a business and IT sponsor.
The IT department is evolving towards a more agile organization where clear and more direct accountability will be practiced.
Framework & Boundaries – Main challenges and complexity elements (for example main problems the job must deal with, main difficulties, obstacles, conflicts, risks job faces) :
- The last years some important investments were done to standardize our IT platforms. Nevertheless we still have some IT debt coming from our Luminus history.
- In accordance with the Agile way of working the PM will (potentially) subcontract pieces of work to the development release trains or to the scrum teams to deliver overall product backlogs according to a set of sprint planning. It is also possible that the PM has to manage his own scrum team with or without the support of a scrum master.
- Multi technological environment where besides applications also topics like infrastructure, database, security and impact on operations needs to be taken into account
Activities and decisions
- As a project manager you will plan and ensure execution of one or more IT projects within set timelines and budget by defining and managing elements such as the scope, solution, planning, budget, risks, resources, dependencies and quality, in close collaboration with your internal clients and both internal and external suppliers.
- You will ensure the complete delivery of the solution by integrating both IT and business stakeholders, where ensuring will be based on the satisfaction of the users of the implemented solution. You will be the trusted companion of your sponsors and stakeholders during the whole project, and especially during the steering committees, and provide them with regular and clear project statuses and prepare actively management decisions requested.
- You will work in different business areas (utility based) with a broad range of IT applications. You actively pursue and coordinate the end to end implementation, leading a multi-disciplinary team of business and IT experts. You will make sure the necessary resources are available and confirmed by the different domain managers.
- You will actively participate in the preparation phase (RFP, pilot’s, budget and business case definition) to ensure the delivery of the project scope in the agreed time and budget.
- You will ensure that all reports and dashboards always contain the latest information on your project
- You will always keep track of the business case and take attention on the prioritization based on this (minimum viable product supporting the most benefit towards the business case). Time, Budget, Scope and quality must be respected at all times.
- Great educational background, preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering for technical project managers
- Have successfully ended large and/or complex project implementations, including fixed price projects and/or 3rd party sub-contractors management
- Master English and at least conversational in Dutch or French
- Ease in project management methodologies, experience in Agile and/or having methodology certification is considered an asset
- Able to work in a team accountability environment and able to forge collaboration between business and IT colleagues
- Excellent and proactive organizer with strong tracking and follow-up skills
- Agile Methodology