As an Electrical Engineer for the Spent Fuel Handling Project at the Naval Reactors Facility at Idaho National Lab you will perform a variety of electrical engineering design functions as part of onsite construction support for title 3 activities. This includes dispositioning NCRs, performing assessments on existing design, responding to RFIs, issuing Design Change Notices (DCNs) that require a PE license in Idaho. Duties also include coordination with Quality on inspections and supporting development of Scopes of work for electrical subcontracts with procurement and Construction groups. Other project functions include the following tasks: survey/assess existing facility and master planning, scoping and estimating level of engineering effort; field work to assess existing conditions; report writing; conceptual design; review of design development of drawings, specifications, and calculation analyses; assistance with cost estimating; and services during bidding and construction, including answering requests for information, bid review, shop drawing review, site visits during construction, commissioning support, hosting progress meetings, and project closeout. The work location for this position is approximately 55 miles from Idaho Falls.
At Jacobs, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at Jacobs. Ready? Let’s get to work.
- BS or MS-Electrical Engineering from an ABET-certified institution and
- PE License in Idaho or PE in other state with ability to quickly obtain an Idaho PE via NCEES Reciprocity
- 8 or more years of electrical engineering design experience
- Construction support experience for Title 3 activities
- Citizen of United States
- Short Circuit Analysis experience
- Very knowledgeable in the NEC
- Experience leading groups of engineers and designers on major projects
- Experience with leading technical discussions with client
- Ability to author proposals and Statements of work is a plus
- DOE experience desired
- NQA-1 experience desired
- Arc Flash Analysis experience
- Familiarity with Instrumentation & Controls interface
- Person already residing a commutable distance from the Naval Reactors Facility at Idaho National Lab area preferre
- Knowledge of broad range of electrical systems is required, including power system design, substation design, fire alarm design, lighting design, load flow studies, communications design, grounding design and equipment selection
- Ability to independently produce sizing calculations and other analyses/reports is required.
- Experience in providing construction support or services during construction is required.
Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
OTHER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
U.S. Citizenship required. Valid driver's license is required. Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must take and pass a pre-employment drug, background check and site security badge screening
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under URL blocked - click to apply
and [ Link removed ] .
- Electric Arc
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Installation Work