Our client a leading construction consultancy firm is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join their team in Glasgow.
Please note: You must be a British National or at least 5-years unbroken standing to apply. This is to obtain requisite security clearance for working with our Defence Sector clients.
This will be a contract initially for 6 months with scope for extension.
The successful candidate will ideally be working towards Chartership, and have proven Mechanical building services design experience, delivering to quality, time and budget.
This role will suit someone with a Mechanical engineering/building services degree, with roughly 2 years post grad experience. The candidate should also be enthusiastic, self-motivated, and looking to advance their career. Please see 'Minimum Requirements' section for full Person Specification.
Buildings & Places we work together to modernise, expand and deliver on the most iconic and complex building structures in the world. We offer a one stop shop to complete some of the UK and Ireland’s most challenging building projects by leveraging our world-class talent, scale and unique service offering to produce results for our clients.
We collaborate with our clients to design and problem solve for both public and private sector projects within residential, commercial, aviation, defence, healthcare, education, pharmaceutical, sports, and leisure.
We are market leaders on large international projects as well as small scale local experts who seek to improve communities through strong design and effective project management and Engineering
About Our Team
The Mechanical team is placed within an overall multidisciplinary team, offering a variety of consultancy services ranging from Architectural, Civil, Structural, MEP, Project Management and Building Surveying.
The vast majority of our work is performed for UK based MoD Defence Sector clients.
• Develop specifications, design drawings, calculations and any other contract documents through the RIBA work Stages.
• Contribute to successful project completion by providing technical services in accordance with project time and quality.
• Input to pre-qualification and selection of contractors, respond to tender queries, comment and review tender returns.
• Identify and meet effectively the requirements and expectations of clients.
• Perform complex tasks with minimal direction and/or supervision.
• Communicate with other members of the Multi Discipline Design Team to ensure design delivery is co-ordinated.
• Attend site surveys and client concurrence meetings.
• Ensure compliance with all Statutory and Regulatory Authorities and obtain approvals as necessary.
• Understand and implement our clients Safety Health and Environment Policy.
• Undertake designer’s risk assessments as required under the CDM Regulations at the appropriate stages.
• Liaise with clients, professional organizations, contractors, suppliers, sub-contractors and other designers.
• Honours Degree in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering
• 2 years post graduate work experience within a similar consultancy or other relevant business
• To obtain requisite security clearance for working with our Defence Sector clients, the candidate must be a British National of at least 5-years unbroken standing.
• Full UK driving licence, to enable travel to sites as and when required, either as part of wider design team, or individually.
• Experienced in the use of AutoCAD and Revit software
• Experienced in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word
• Experienced in the use of Hevacomp or IES Design Software
• Ideally working towards becoming a Chartered Engineer.
• A clear work history and proof of professional development and learning.
• Ideally you will live locally to the office or be willing to relocate.
Your Benefits Will Include
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join our client, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements.
Core benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
- Auto Cad
- Autodesk Revit
- Building Services Engineering
- Chartered Engineer