Elia Grid International (EGI) offers consultancy and engineering services to a diverse and international client base in the power sector. Based on innovative and proven expertise, combined with hands-on experience from our European Transmission Systems Operators (Elia in Belgium and 50Hertz in Germany), Elia Grid International is the trusted partner in delivering solutions for the challenges of the energy transition. Our clients can rely on a team of experts who have developed valuable competences within the Elia Group and also from international assignments for third parties.
Elia Grid International has offices in Brussels, Berlin, Dubai, Doha and Singapore.
With your extensive experience in HV substation primary technology (AIS, GIS and/or Hybrid Systems) and a proven track record in project management, you will take responsibility for the preparation, planning and implementation of Elia Grid Internationals HV substation projects. Your responsibilities will include the quality, budget, schedule and reporting of your project and/or sub-project. In addition to your specialist experience, you must also be an efficient organizer, assertive, a capable communicator and a team player.
More specific, the function includes the following responsibilities:
- Defining plant-specific requirements for the HV substation, especially defining single line diagrams and HV substation layouts
- Determine basic requirements for transmission line, transformer and bus bar control and protection equipment and HV substation auxiliary power supply concepts
- Editing technical guidelines for HV primary substation equipment and their interface connection
- Approval and checking of HV equipment documentation
- Supervision and quality checks during the HV substation and its auxiliary system installation process
- Quality control by taking part in factory acceptance test and on-site operational tests for HV substation primary equipment
- Controlling the entire technical implementation process, from drafting tender documents to awarding contracts and accepting delivery from customers and contracting parties
- Actively collaborating with project managers, drawing up reports, budget forecasts and schedules, attending construction meetings, placing orders under framework agreements
- Ensuring that technical customer requirements are implemented and compliance with the relevant guidelines and regulations in accordance with all safety regulations
- Drawing up comparisons of technical and economic alternatives and doing preparatory work for cost-intensive investment decisions
- A diploma or master’s degree in electrical engineering
- Several years’ experience with primary and secondary equipment for HV substations (up to 400kV) as design engineer and project manager for a manufacturer, engineering/consulting company and/or distribution/transmission system operator
- Understanding of overall HV substation design, its primary, secondary and auxiliary equipment as well as HV grid system
- Knowledge in HV/MV transformer and cable design, control cables and optical fibre cables
- Experiences (basics) in electrical network calculation and HV substation control and protection systems as well as transmission line interconnections into HV substations
- Capable to determine the work scope for green field HV substations as well as substation extensions projects
- Experiences and capability to guide a team of engineers to execute complex HV substation and Transmission line projects in Germany and abroad
- Project management experiences for HV substations and international project implementation
- Experiences in managing of international development bank financed project would be an asset
- A sound grasp of spoken and written English and German (both mandatory), French and another language would be an asset
- Assertiveness, a good organizer and communicator who is also a solid team player
- Experience in project implementation
- A category B driving licence
- Extensive autonomy and flexibility, experience in the use of iTWO, SAP and MS Office.
More than offering you a mere job, we give you an exciting, ultra-professional and international environment, unique training and every development opportunity to exploit your career potential to the full, plus an attractive salary and fringe benefits. So choosing EGI means opting for a future full of promise!
Please send your application in English incl. motivation letter and salary expectation.
Audit Info System (Ais)