Eaton’s CPD ICD is currently seeking for a Senior Engineer Manufacturing (Testing) to join our team. This position is based at our Haina facility
Design, maintain, improve & support electrical testing capabilities to manufacture Eaton's industrial electrical controls, such as but not limited to: motor contactors, motor starters, variable frecuency drives, micro drives, motor soft starters, motor protection overloads, push buttons and related accesories. Specialized professional with an electrical, electronic, programing-software skills to ensure proper functioning of existing or new equipment used for manufacturing.
- Responsible to update test sequences, firmware and machine configuration parameters. (excluding product band limits).
- Implement product firmware packages for the following product families: variable frecuency drives, micro drives, motor soft starters, motor protection overloads and related accesories and sub assemblies..
- Support teams in troubleshooting equipment yield issues.
- Responsible for electrical test and machine safety standards compliance (MESH site responsible person for electrial test)
- Responsible for any/all electrical testing equipment onsite including participating in electrical testing reviews, new or transferred (electrical test) equipment risk assessment, controls reviews and project management for implementation of controls.
- Liaison with outside suppliers and/or internal engineering groups establishing or modifying specifications.
- Guides and directs plant operations and test personnel on the set-up and performance of tests.
- Participates in the development, maintenance and refinement of internal quality control and reliability programs for testers.
- Responsible for technician / operator+A15s/ engineers training for proper operation of equipment.
- Supports maintenance of manuals, drawings and other operating materials.
- Provides technical leadership and support to create FMEAs, control plans, and tester's validation criteria's (MSAs).
- Consults with Division and other groups/plants to improve safety, technology, standards and create strategic program goals.
- Provides technical leadership for the creation and deployment of TDM (Industry 4.0 / IIOT - Test Data Management-Manufacturing Integration) for process control or testing. These types of systems provide error proofing, product identification, and manual or automated data capture.
- Consults with design or manufacturing engineering to assist in the interpretation or analysis of production test data.
- Provides technical leadership for the creation or upgrade of plant test equipment and processes with emphasis on safety, process capability and conformance as well as efficiency.
- Collaborates in the creation of business case for Capital Appropriation Request.
Responsibilities related to Health, Safety and Environment (EHS):
- Execute 100% of monthly safety activities assigned, in coordination with the MESH Coordinator.
- Assist and completed all EHS training as required.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical, Electronic, Computer Engineering or related area from an accredited institution. .
- Three (3) years of experience working in related areas such as manufacturing process specialized in electronic-electrical test activities, product testing, design and/or manufacturing. Preferable experience with data management and programing: C++, Visual Basic, XML / SQL data, PLC, Firmware. Experience in testing-machine guarding safety. ISO/ANSI/EN/IEC/NFPA standards preferable.Minimum experience of 3 years in similar positions.
- Full Bilingual (English / Spanish)
- Technical knowledge: PLC based manufacturing solutions | Documentation control / drawings standards | Lean / Quality ISO 9001 strong knowledge | Lab View and CAD applications | Preferred project management knowledge | Statistics knowledge: MSA,GR&R, SPC, (6 Sigma certification is a plus) and Microsoft Office
- Competencies: Drive for Results, demonstrates a collaborative style, Makes Decision / Solve Problems, Eaton attributes and leadership competencies, Presentation and Communication skills and Teamwork.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Latin America
Organization: EPG CPD ICD Industrial Controls Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Six Sigma Methodology