At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Provide subject matter support delivery and maintenance of IT solutions. Provide IT teams and business personnel with technology solutions by weighing advantages of technology standards, market availability of products, and risks and benefits of technology to meet business/IT needs. Maintain significant customer engagement, work planning, project management services provided to IT customers.PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manage Microsoft SQL Server databases.
- Some support of IBM DB2 databases as needed
- Configure and maintain database servers, processes, configuration and backups
- Maintain and monitor database platform health and performance
- Maintain database inventory information to ensure accuracy of configuration management DB.
- Support the production release management system for documenting, planning and implementing IT changes.
- Plan, coordinate, communicate and implement database patching activities for database platforms.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement
- Provide 24x7 support and participate in on call rotation for critical production systems
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours
- Provide technical database expertise and/or solution delivery support for maintaining performance and reliability of database solutions.
- Maintain and enhance engagement with business and IT partners to sustain service levels and high availability of database services. Visible and accessible to clients providing guidance for how to successfully request database services.
- Build and maintains knowledge of new technologies or technology opportunities for SQL database services.
- Assists in coordinating and implementing planned database and database infrastructure changes for business and/or IT clients.
- Ensures appropriate implementation of technology both within the production and the development environments.
- Acts as a source of direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff. Approachable and leads by example.
- Maintains deep knowledge of SQL database technology and its application across Exelon
- Finds ways over, around and through barriers to success. Self-starter. A results-oriented doer.
- Promotes and encourages Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline and typically 5 to 8 years hands-on experience with Microsoft SQL Server or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Broad technical expertise with deep technical knowledge in current versions of Microsoft SQL Server, SQL failover clustering, always on availability group, and database replication technologies.
- General RDBMS, Database tuning, SQL tuning, Database Statistics, Database upgrades, Data Guard
- Solid working level knowledge: Microsoft Windows Server OS, SAN and NAS storage
- Excellent communications skills - Able to effectively communicate highly technical information in non-technical terminology (written and verbal).
- Makes well-thought-out decisions on complex or ambiguous database issues. Comprehends the big picture
- Understanding of change management principles associated with sustaining high availability of systems and preventing change related incidents due to human performance factors.
- Understands and applies project management principles when leading and directing work
- Independence level: works under minimal supervision.
- Experience administrating SQL databases on-prem (physical and virtual) and in Microsoft Azure
- Experience administrating IBM DB2
- GoldenGate experience
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
[ Link removed ]
Relational Database Management Systems