Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business – we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
About the opportunity:
Our client is KA CARE – King Abdullah City for Atomic and Renewable Energy, a scientific, research and governmental entity in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) - more information is detailed on www.energy.gov.sa
The background to this opportunity is that KACARE is embarking upon an ambitious Nuclear New Build programme to serve the Kingdom’s power requirements – and we have aspirations of being part of those plans!
Our mission is to provide expertise and assist KACARE through the deployment of suitably qualified and experienced staff to make these plans a reality.
Project Value – US $10’s Billions.
Duration – potential to be up to 4 years.
This role will be based full-time (48hrs per week) in in Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia:
• Nuclear experience is essential – 15 years direct or related experience – CV must highlight core nuclear activity.
• Hands on in developing & delivering programs for nuclear power plant with different operating technology platforms.
• Early lifecycle experience required from conception into full operation on a nuclear program.
• Roles will be challenging but ultimately rewarding in delivering the first NPP (Nuclear Power Plant) in KSA.
• Requires self- starters who are able to work & deliver with little direction
• Able to cope with living & working within the culture of the Middle East & the associated behaviours required.
• Able to work within an internationally diverse community.
• Manage international Stakeholders & Clients.
• Previous international & Middle East experience is preferred, but not mandatory.
• Success in the roles is critical to secure & grow Jacobs’ long-term future on the program and in region.
• Gaining an understanding of the Electrical technical ambitions, capabilities, priorities and scope of KACARE.
• Providing engineering expertise associated with all electrical aspects of the Nuclear Power Plant (NPP) including safety related systems within the NPP.
• Supporting the coordination and interaction with regulatory compliance bodies including inputting into the preparation of the safety case documentation.
• Assessing the design of the Nuclear Island components of the Large Nuclear Power Plant.
• Overseeing the development of technical documentation to support the licencing processes, design basis documentation, safety case documentation, procurement documentation and other information necessary.
• Reviewing inputs from EPC to ensure consistency of approach and liaise with Regulators to develop working relationship and understanding of approach to reduce the risk of protracted regulator reviews of safety case submissions.
• Assessing and validating any licencing and safety case requirements, technical information in providing technical support to the EPC, licencing and procurement processes.
• Undertaking design hazard and risk assessment.
• Supporting the development of the engineering road map.
• Acting where required as an interface for KA CARE between Regulators and other stakeholders to discuss regulatory matters and present safety documentation to the regulators in timely manner.
• Developing and working in accordance with the engineering process maps and in compliance with the system requirements.
Note1: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the responsibilities & activities that the job holder may be required to undertake.
Note2: This role would be a permament Jacobs contract of employment, which would include the provision of allowances/uplifts, work visa for KSA, living accomodation (sole or family occupancy) & transportation within KSA.
Note3: Based in Jacobs JV Partner office in Riyadh, KSA - 48hrs per week.
Note4: Please provide a Cover Letter with your CV stating reason for application / salary expectation / availability to mobilse into KSA/ sole or family living status requirements
• Electrical degree qualified, ideally with Chartered status.
• Demonstrable, extensive experience delivery a similar role within Nuclear New Build (NNB) power stations.
• Input to the design of the electrical systems as part of the evolution of the LNPP.
• To be the electrical function “intelligent customer”.
• Understand the design and application of HV / LV single line diagrams from process and mechanical data in a nuclear power plant.
• Capable of completing fault level calculations, load schedules, protection studies, lighting calculations, cable sizing (HV/ LV).
• Understand control schematics, electrical/mechanical interface functions, equipment specifications and data sheets.
• Creating engineering process maps in compliance with the system requirements.
• Ability to develop technical documentation to support the licencing processes, design basis documentation, safety case documentation, procurement documentation and other information necessary.
• Support the coordination and interaction with regulatory compliance bodies including inputting into the preparation of the safety case documentation.
• Experience in working with EPC.
• Undertake design hazard and risk assessments.
• Commercial & procurement experience.
• Experience operating in a regulated & licenced environment.
• Excellent stakeholder management.
• Ability to create timely, accurate, concise, management reporting.
• Excellent communication & organisation skills.
• MS Office – proficient user.
• English language – fluent – verbal & written.
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.