The world needs innovators and problem solvers who turn challenges into greater opportunities. We have an insatiable curiosity about solutions to move people and goods safely and efficiently across the globe. From rail systems mobilising accessible transit, to ports linking land and sea – when it comes to connecting the people and places of tomorrow, the future of transport depends on us.
A new opportunity exists for a Senior Designer – Roads & Highways based at our Melbourne office. The main purpose of the role is to provide superior standard design services to the Roads & Highways team. As a Senior Designer, you will be leading the preparation of designs for civil and road design elements. The role will also include provision of functional support to the drafting team and also be responsible for reviewing all drafting and ensuring compliance with the Jacobs drafting standards.
You will also be responsible for project drafting services and will be required to ensure that the project drafting tasks are completed on time, within budget and to the high technical standard which is expected of Jacobs by its Clients. You will be required to work to instructions and to co-ordinate your work effectively with other Drafters, Designers, Engineers and Project Managers. #LI-AP1 #APMETransport #ANZTransport #ANZTransportDesign #ANZTransportDrafting #ANZTransportRoads #ANZTransportHighways
• Demonstrated understanding of the design process, co-ordination of work with other design disciplines and the efficient management and delivery of projects within budget, program and quality constraints
• Strong understanding of the multidisciplinary interfaces with Road and Civil design
• Significant experience in providing technical input and direction in the geometric design of Transport infrastructure projects.
• Working knowledge of OpenRoads design software and other design software’s
• The ability to provide technical input and advice with respect to Road and Civil infrastructure in accordance with relevant local and Australian Standards Experience in a variety of projects across a range of disciplines, with extensive experience in a specific discipline.
• Maintain high work standards, minimise errors and attention to detail
• Ability to perform steadily during peak workload and remain calm under pressure
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally - and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete pre-employment checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to complete these checks or meet the associated criteria, then your offer of employment may be delayed or withdrawn.
- Attention To Detail
- Civil Engineering
- Financial Management
- Geometric Design
- Hardworking And Dedicated