Do you have the right mix of skills that customers value in the sales interaction? Do you strive to take on new challenges and take pride in representing a brand name that is known and demanded worldwide? If you are, Emerson Professional Tools is looking for you.
We are looking for a highly motivated sales professional to join our North America sales team. As an electrical Utility Sales Specialist, you will sell, promote, and demonstrate the Greenlee & RIDGID brands of tools and equipment. The ideal candidate will reside in Baltimore, MD, or Alexandria, VA areas. This position reports to the Regional Sales Manager for the Mid-Atlantic Region. Your job will offer unique perspectives and insights into how customers view their business, align their insights and priorities while tying those insights back to Emerson Professional Tools' unique product differentiators. You will drive two-way communications, clearly articulate our value proposition, and engage the end-customer in jointly addressing their business priorities. Our primary sales focus is with the large Utilities in the assigned region, and you will additionally coordinate with the local Territory Managers activity in this market. The relationship with the Territory Managers will include coaching, mentoring, and directing their efforts at increasing sales to Public Power and certain other electric utilities.
AS THE UTILITY SALES SPECIALIST, EAST COAST, YOU WILL:
This position works closely with the electrical utility market end-users' that determine the approval and purchase of tools. A key to success in this role is the ability to engage in fieldwork, demonstrating and promoting products. Success will be defined by defining and implementing sales plans, tracking economic drivers and industry activity, and understanding the implications on customers' work methods, resulting in new business opportunities.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Accountable for the direction, coordination, and growth of all utility market sales through direct customer contact and close coordination with local ProTools Territory Managers.
- Additionally, the ability to work in a matrix-managed environment which includes providing coaching and direction to regional Territory Managers.
- Performing field product demonstrations, training, & technical support with end-users and distribution channel partners.
- Driving strategic new products sales and solutions to expand markets and share
- Developing, presenting, & executing annual business plans to deliver incremental sales growth
- Developing and Managing a monthly/yearly sales forecast
- Developing & owning relationships with both Key Distributor Partners and End Users
- Being the subject matter expert for the product, applications, & pricing program for your given market
- Supporting regional & national organizations through training and special projects execution
You empower others. You anticipate the impact of emerging technologies and make necessary adjustments. You gain insight into customer needs. You partner with others to get work done.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Must have existing professional relationships and technical skills in the electrical utility market.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Industrial Distribution, or other relevant disciplines; OR minimum of five years relevant experience instead of 'Bachelor's Degree
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to work in a matrix-managed environment, including coaching, mentoring and providing selling support to Territory Managers
- Solid business acumen, with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in MS Excel & PowerPoint; CRM Application experience a plus.
- Ability to travel between 25% and 30% for the role.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States - Sponsorship for this role is not available.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Five years of experience in Sales, Marketing, or technical support of B2B Sales in the Electrical Utility Market
- Experience with distribution channels, with emphasis on Electrical, industrial, and plumbing,
- Demonstrated success in formulating, presenting, executing, & measuring Business Plans
- A proven track record and successful history of achieving goals and sales targets in the Electrical Utility market.
[ Link removed ]
Our Commitment to Our People
Across the globe, we are united by a singular Purpose: We drive innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter, and more sustainable. We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills, and competencies to bring this Purpose to life while competing and leading in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development, from onboarding through senior leadership.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities, and the world through our unwavering focus on environmental, social, and regulatory progress. [ Link removed ]
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual and family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more. We also provide you flexible time-off plans, including paid parental leave, vacation, and holiday leave.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives – and that reflects the world around us. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] and [ Link removed ] .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J or TN, or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, please contact: [ Link removed ] .
Emerson is a leading global technology, software and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
We help customers in the world’s most essential industries solve the biggest challenges of modern life. Every day, our global workforce fulfills our unified Purpose and lives out the Values we hold close as an organization: Integrity, Safety & Quality, Support Our People, Customer Focus, Continuous Improvement, Collaboration, and Innovation.
Our Causes – Planet, Humanity, Champion, Inclusion and Future – shape, define and fuel Emerson’s culture while inspiring our innovative spirit and driving our focus.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring possibilities, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find opportunities with us. Join our team and start your journey today!
No calls or agencies please.
Business To Business