Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
The energy market is roughly $4 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 1%. But just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale, and we’re looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals.
SunPower is a global solar energy solutions company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. Our solutions are unrivaled in terms of long-term reliability, efficiency and guaranteed performance, and our company is unmatched in terms of global reach and scale. Through design, manufacturing, installation and ongoing maintenance and monitoring, SunPower provides its proprietary, world-record efficient solar technology to residential, commercial and utility customers worldwide.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 2,000 in North America and the Philippines. In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than SunPower.
We believe that our employees create our brand – with each project, each communication, each task completed and each interaction. Experience is critical to SunPower in regards to not only our customers but also our employees and dealer partners. As such, we strive to hire candidates that are service focused. The experience we would expect the ideal person to deliver is:
Summary of Role:
The Advanced Technical Support Engineer (ATSE) is responsible for ensuring customer success by providing real time support, advanced troubleshooting, and timely resolution of complex issues. The ATSE receives escalations from customer support and technical support and conducts investigations in real time to identify and implement solutions. Successful ATSEs will have a keen eye on the issues they are facing and will identify opportunities for new approaches and solutions. The role is primarily office-based, but some field activities and travel may be required.
Customer experience is critical to dealer success and dealer success is critical to sales and SunPower's success.
Help us change the way our world is powered by joining a team of bright, energetic technical experts who are bridging the gap between sales and technical teams, and who are on a mission to ensure dealer success. The Advanced Technical Support Engineering team at SunPower is responsible for delivering services and support that help customers have amazing experiences with our products, get the full value out of our tools and solutions, and delight our mutual customers. We provide on-the-job and in-class training. We coach dealers and help review their designs. We answer their questions about products and projects. And through it all, we're there when our customers need us and we are obsessive about ensuring their success and customer delight.
This role will be based in Richmond, CA or Austin, TX. Travel elsewhere in the US may be required. Up to 25% travel with infrequent overnight stays. Shift work may be required to ensure adequate coverage.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The Advanced Technical Support Engineer will:
- Analyze, answer, and document inquires from internal and external customers
- Provide PV system and storage analysis to verify as built conditions match installation requirements.
- Troubleshoot based on received data, customer reports, and failure analysis resources
- Document activities in SalesForce.
- Provide analytical and technical feedback to applications engineering, quality, and product engineering teams.
- Pilot solutions and provide feedback to teams that develop solutions.
- Train extended technical support, customer support, and other internal customers on support solutions, policies, and procedures.
- Communicate directly with customers, primarily field technicians, to provide them guidance and support through the issue resolution process.
- Identify opportunities to improve support tools, solutions, policies, and procedures, and communicate these opportunities to management and applications engineering teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, EE preferred
- Proficient with common desktop and cloud software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Zoom, Slack)
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Customer-focused attitude
- Masters degree in engineering, EE preferred
- Proficiency with MS Visio, CAD, and industry-specific software and tools (e.g., PVsyst, PVSim, Aurora, SunEye, etc.)
- Education and/or experience programming in C/C++, Python, or other scripting languages
- Internet networking or other data communications experience
- Experience with design, engineering, and/or installation of solar + storage
- Case management experience
- NABCEP and/or other industry certification
- Master Electrician or other industry-related licensure
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Based in either the Richmond, CA or Austin, TX SunPower offices. Shift work (e.g., starting at 7 AM ET or ending at 6PM HT) or on-call hours may be required.
Individuals in this position may be required to obtain additional training and certifications to comply with SunPower policies such (but not limited to) as NFPA70E.
Travel throughout the US may be required. Up to 25% travel with infrequent overnight stays.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
[ Link removed ]
[ Link removed ]
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: [ Email address blocked ] . Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES
Availability of Affirmative Action Plan for Review
SunPower is a federal government contractor. As a part of the Company’s obligations under law, it must develop a written Affirmative Action Program (AAP) for the Disabled, Recently Separated Veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans, Disabled Veterans and Active Duty Wartime Or Campaign Badge Veterans and for Women and Minorities as specified by law. Non-confidential and non-proprietary aspects of the AAP are available for inspection by applicants and employees, consistent with applicable law, which will be made available during office hours by contacting the EEO Officer.
- Storage (Computing)
- Installations (Computer Systems)
- Technical Support
- C++ (Programming Language)
- C (Programming Language)
- Complex Problem Solving