We believe success and value are driven by real teams where everyone has a role to play.
We work on challenging and exciting projects that shape the way we evolve, adapt, and transform the industries we work in. We rally together, drawing on the diverse skills across our teams and create environments where great ideas are heard.
This opportunity will see you join UGL, whereas a key member of a highly experienced team within the Utilities business you will work on projects within the Power and Water infrastructure sector.
UGL Utilities team have recently been successful in securing a new project – MacIntyre Wind Farm (330kv Substation and Transmission line). The project is based in South West Queensland and positions will be based on a 3\:1 roster.
About the role\:
Some key responsibilities of this role will include\:
• Supervision of civil subcontractors and UGL operators safely construction access tracks, towers pads (including bench sites) for lattice transmission towers
• Co-ordination of imported fill from suppliers, ensuring material delivered in accordance with the Powerlink specification
• Co-ordination of plant and crews along the easement
• Ensuring adherence to Powerlink technical specifications, particularly key hold points, ensuring works do not progress unless witnessed by nominated observers
• Oversee/run toolbox meetings/Daily Prestart meetings helping to foster a close and productive team environment.
• Allocate daily tasks to all leading hands/direct reports, keeping close tabs on their productivity, efficiency, attitude and general work standards, focusing on avoiding any necessary re-work, whilst adhering to HSSEQ policies and meeting project deadlines.
• Maintain daily diaries ensuring resources on site are recorded, along with productivity achieved each day. Track daily and weekly attendance and overall working hours, taking care to ensure weekly timesheet accuracy, including the capturing of any relevant travel time or other forms of allowances
• Understanding project schedule requirements and driving leading hands, labour and subcontractors to achieve project targets
To be successful you will require\:
• Experience within the transmission industry within a team lead/supervisory role
• Strong planning and coordination skills
• A proven record driving continuous improvement
• Demonstrated organisational capabilities
• Strong communication skills
• Proficient with MS Word, Excel, Access & Outlook
• Knowledge of LEAN principals
• Experience with Primavera, MS Project, SAP and experience with civil foundations for transmission lines and relevant Civil Engineering qualifications are highly desirable
What makes you right for UGL\:
• Ability to provide a safe, supportive, and positive workplace
• Empower a united and collaborative culture
• Deliver technical excellence and create efficient, innovative solutions
• Build an enviable reputation and the trust of employees, clients, and other stakeholders
• Genuine concern for safety
UGL is well-known and respected for providing end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services within, rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises, and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies.
At UGL, we value diversity – in the backgrounds, ideas, work styles and perspectives of our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note that relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These may include a national criminal history check and for you to undergo pre-employment medical assessment including drug and alcohol screen.
UGL does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.
- Business Process Improvement
- Infrastructure Management