Oxy is an international energy company with assets primarily in the United States, the Middle East and North Africa. We are one of the largest oil producers in the U.S., including a leading producer in the Permian and DJ basins, and offshore Gulf of Mexico. Our midstream and marketing segment provides flow assurance and maximizes the value of our oil and gas. Our chemical subsidiary OxyChem manufactures the building blocks for life-enhancing products. Our Oxy Low Carbon Ventures subsidiary is advancing leading-edge technologies and business solutions that economically grow our business while reducing emissions. We are committed to using our global leadership in carbon management to advance a lower-carbon world. Visit oxy.com for more information.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Lease and Contracts Analyst within our Land Administration group based in Houston, TX or The Woodlands, TX.
Lease and Contracts Analysts assist with the effective administration and control of all lease records processes in connection with producing and non-producing properties and interests acquired, owned, operated or purchased.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Analyses and inputs lease data to ensure completeness, accuracy and consistency.
- Prepares full and partial releases, assignments and Exhibit A’s for producing properties.
- Assists with working monthly calendars for leases.
- Assists Land Operations as requested.
- Conducts lease/unit reviews for shut-in wells and processes payments, subject to review and approval.
- Identifies and tracks contractual obligations associated with lease acquisitions, trades and divestitures.
- Technical advisor regarding title, joint operating agreements and other contractual agreements.
- Proactively leads teams to review and recommend changes/ improvements in processes and procedures between Accounting, Land Operations and Land Administration.
- Advises and updates Land Operations and Land Administration staff regarding special projects.
- Assists with litigation issues as requested.
- Ensures that legal, procedural, and operational considerations are accurately incorporated on a project.
- Leads and works with other departments on projects including acquisitions and divestitures.
- Sought out for technical expertise regarding the analysis and interpretation of complicated or ambiguous provisions of various leases, contracts, units/wells and title issues.
- Researches and compiles information/ reports, examines data for making decisions and recommendations at a departmental level regarding process, procedure or technical issues.
- Performs as team lead on department projects and leads or serves as department lead on multidisciplinary projects.
- Ensures consistency of approach and provides guidance and training as appropriate.
- Promotes development of staff within Land Administration.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and willing to learn other computer applications.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of Quorum Land System/SAP experience a plus.
- Ability to work under deadlines and sometimes on multiple projects.
- Handle confidential and proprietary company data and information.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Knowledge of land principles and their application with the ability to analyze land data for the entry into the land data management system.
- Extensive understanding of land terminology, contracts and their uses with the ability to work on projects of increased complexity under general direction.
- 4+ years of relevant experience with Bachelor’s degree
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- This position may be eligible for relocation.
- The percentage of travel required for this position is 0-10%.
- This position is eligible for the 9/80 work schedule.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Mergers And Acquisitions