At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our inclusion, diversity and social equality targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
KPMG’s Corporates International and Complex UK Tax and Deal Advisory Tax team, focussing on the large corporates market, is a well-established group of around 60 dedicated international and M&A tax specialists who help UK and international headed groups address all of their international and M&A tax advisory needs. The team has specialists in different sectors, including a number focused on the Energy Natural Resources and Chemicals (“ENRC”) sector.
We assist our clients by managing and advising on international and corporate tax projects as part of multidisciplinary and multijurisdictional teams and provide specialist UK corporation tax advice on a variety of complex issues including; global tax strategy and structure, M&A transactions, cross border financing, reorganisations and cross border structuring. We also work closely to support our Energy focused teams in deal advisory, audit and compliance services.
We are looking for a Tax Director to join our team in London, focused on the ENRC market. The individual would lead a variety of UK corporation tax, international tax projects and M&A transactions for clients in the Energy sector.
• Be market facing, drive sales on allocated clients and target organisations
• Hold and control high level conversations with senior stakeholders in the markets and be capable of introducing relevant specialists from across the firm
• Lead by example with client relationships, technical quality, service delivery and commercially
• Actively promote team and personal profile to internal networks in order to promote collaboration and increase internal leads
• Take lead on design and delivery of proposals for new business opportunities
• Play a key role in people development activities (coaching / mentoring) for less experienced team members
• Identify key client issues that represent opportunities for other KPMG teams to capitalise on and play active role in introductions.
• Successful track record of new business origination within International Tax projects through both internal and external activities
• Excellent commercially
• Display technical strength in our specialist markets above
• Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude that translates across the team
• Inspirational leader
• Displays an inclusive, collaborative approach and operates in an inspirational & respectful manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community
• Brings insight and effectively applies knowledge to business and client problems
• Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear
• Builds the reputation of KMPG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
• Qualified CTA or ACA/CA or equivalent
• Strong interpersonal skills in addition to strong oral and written communication skills
Coaching And Mentoring