Great People make Schneider Electric a great company.
Do you dream of working in a company that is driven by a meaningful purpose and that continuously creates an inclusive environment where you are empowered to do your best and be innovative?
The Role: Procurement Project Category Leader
The Procurement Project Category Leader supports selected product development projects within the Offer Creation Process (OCP) securing an efficient supplier selection and supplier management process, reaching & beating end-to-end cost, Time-to-market, and Quality milestones. The person will be the key contact for the coordination of purchasing activities between the Global Supply Chain (GSC) organization and the Line of the Business organization (LoB). You will support the development of a panel of Best-in-Class suppliers that matches the LoB needs in terms of growth and technical opportunities. Act as an innovative collaborator in the Offer Creation Process, GSC, and the Schneider Electric Purchasing community where you will be recognized for supplier market expertise.
What will you do?
- Direct the selection of procurement deliverables to apply to every project and ensure are done on time according to OCP guidelines
- Create the project procurement strategies, get project approval and secure implementation
- Promote co-development with Suppliers and Early Supplier Involvement on OCP projects
- Participate in Make or Buy (MoB) analysis for components & sub-assemblies in OCP projects
- Monitor and ensure the competitive material cost to meet product target cost (design/redesign to cost)
- Supplier selection and business award for components & sub-assembly/suppliers’ consistency with global/regional commodity strategy and supplier strategy
- Contribute to the achievement of OCP project targets (quality, product cost, project cost and time-to-market) while respecting the purchasing processes and strategies
- Responsible for negotiation with suppliers in all Purchasing terms and conditions not already defined by commodity manager/contract
- Set up contracts in coordination with the legal department for strategic parts & components
- Secure the acquisition of key Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) such as tooling and equipment in product development projects are done following all processes defined, ensuring the best conditions (quality, delivery time, price, payment terms, warranty, maintenance, spare parts, training, post-sale service, etc) and securing proper contracts are implemented
Who would be successful?
- Bachelor’s degree in any Engineering course
- Experienced or with good background in handling Sheet Metal Fabrication
- Cross-cultural awareness
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner internally and externally
- Leadership skills
- Strategic thinker
- Capability of handling multiple and conflicting priorities and effectively prioritizing tasks in an ever-growing work environment
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
What’s in it for me?
- Global family leave
- Comprehensive medical coverage for employee and dependents
- Worldwide Employee Stock Ownership
- Flexible work arrangement
- On-site gym
…and more!Who will you report to? Senior General Manager Why us?
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€28.9bn global revenue
128,000 employees in 100 countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
Our Company Story Video: [ Link removed ]
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
- Assembly And Installation
- Management Process