Jacobs Technology provides overall management and implementation of ground systems capabilities, flight hardware processing and launch operations at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. These tasks will support the International Space Station, Ground Systems Development and Operations, and the Space Launch System, Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle and Launch Services programs.
- Provide practical application of engineering skills to perform flight and ground system electrical engineering projects that that meet stakeholder expectations, system functional requirements and NASA program requirements.
- The successful candidate will support senior staff with electrical Ground Support Equipment (GSE) and Ground Support Systems (GSS), AC/DC power distribution, command, control and monitoring, instrumentation, lightning protection, and grounding systems.
- Assist with the preparation of conceptual design packages, technical assessments, cost estimates, operation and maintenance document packages, and assist with startup, operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting electrical and mechanical GSE/GSS.
- Completes projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Mentors junior engineers to develop their skills and knowledge
- Perform other duties as assigned.
BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or similar engineering disciplines from an ABET accredited school.
• Experience in troubleshooting electrical and mechanical systems a plus.
• Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and controls systems is a plus.
• Knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's), and Human Machine Interface (HMI) Panel-View displays and software development is a plus.
• Knowledge of software platforms such as LabView, C , Visual Basic, and Allen Bradley PLC's/RSLogix is highly desirable.
• Ability to read Engineering schematics, drawings, 3D CAD files, and Engineering specification is a must.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills is a must.
• Must be able to present information to upper management and customers.
• In-depth computer experience with Microsoft Office products, Internet browsers, and outlook is a plus.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects is required.
• Must be able to preform other duties as assigned.
• Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, if necessary.
Minimum Qualifications Requirement for consideration as:
To qualify for Engineer Level I: Meet the qualifications listed above.
To qualify for Engineer Level II: Meet the minimum qualifications listed above and have a minimum of three (3) years of progressive and relevant experience.
To qualify for Engineer Level III: Meet the minimum qualifications listed above and have a minimum of ten (10) years of progressive and relevant experience.
- Will be required to climb stairs in order to access equipment for trouble shooting.
- Will be required to wear hearing protection, eye protection and other associated personal protective equipment.
- Position may involve extended periods of sitting or standing.
- Physical requirements are: sitting, walking, standing, extensive use of stairs, and access to remote structures.
- Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an emergency.
- Will be required to work inside and outside throughout the test complex.
- Position may require daily individual to travel to different areas on site.
- Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility.
- Climbing ladders and platforms may be necessary.
- All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company
- safety standards.
Equipment and Machines
- Computers and printers used for producing reports and schedules.
- Variety of equipment used in testing.
Full-time regular work hours between Monday-Friday.
Position may require occasional overtime including weekend work depending on task.
Must be dependable and punctual.
Shift work may be required.
Other Essential Functions
- Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
- Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must comply with all “drug free workplace” requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions.
- Government security clearance may be required in the future.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under URL blocked - click to apply
and [ Link removed ] .
- 3d Model
- Allen Bradley Factory Automation Equipment
- C (Programming Language)
- Coaching And Mentoring