The Opportunity :
Reporting to the Mine Operations Projects - Lead Project Engineer, the Mine Operations Projects Construction Engineer is responsible for directly supporting the Mine Operations Projects group on; daily activities, spend/forecast, construction coordinating, QA/QC, survey as-builds, safety, progress reports and design during the execution of simultaneous Projects.
Key Accountabilities :
- Full cycle project management including planning, design, cost reduction, leading kick off, safety & construction meetings and reporting
- Supervise day-to-day construction activities and prepare daily progress reports and inspection forms ensuring quality and document control
- Perform and manage all tasks associated with the administration of construction contracts, invoicing and contractor progress claims and payments
- Liaise with the Project Engineer, design teams on non-standard project items and keep client informed of changes and challenges encountered during construction phase of project
- Ensure that work on site is being carried out safely and in compliance with OH&S requirements
- Prepare designs using AutoCAD Civil 3D e.g. haul road alignment and design
Other Details :
- Job location : Albian Oil Sands - Fort McMurray, Alberta
- Eligible for relocation pursuant to Canadian Natural’s Relocation Regular Policy
- Company sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out from Calgary or Edmonton
- This is a safety sensitive position
- Competitive salary, stock options, stock savings plan and benefits
Skills & Qualifications :
- 5 years of related experience and completion of a degree in Civil, Mining or a related engineering discipline
- Registration or eligibility for registration with APEGA
- A thorough understanding of large-scale mining operations, mining equipment, and processes is necessary and experience working on large scale civil projects valued at $50 million annually
- Proven experience coordinating with teams such as Engineering, Construction, Geotech, Operations and Contractors
Why Canadian Natural?
CANADIAN NATURAL is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement : "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Ltd - “Canadian Natural” - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ
Application deadline is June 24, 2021. Apply now!
Product Quality Assurance
Software Quality Assurance (Sqa)