Wood is recruiting for a Senior Construction Engineer to be based in the Home Office in Reading. The ideal candidate will be part of the Construction Engineering Team and will report directly into the Construction Engineering Manager supporting Project Construction Managers and will be responsible to manage and maintain mutually beneficial working relationships with Contractor, Client, and subordinates.
This role is suitable for a Senior Construction Engineer or someone who is looking to further develop their career into construction management.
Willingness to undertake business trips and assignment is a necessary part of construction execution and the role requires candidates to be supportive of this.
Responsibilities will include;
Skills / Qualifications
- Carry out construction feasibility and method studies
- Establish in conjunction with planning group realistic schedules for construction activities
- Support the Construction Manager in the development of the contracting philosophy for the project. Ensure contract deliverables, documents and specifications are produced to meet the needs of the project schedule
- Produce and develop plans, drawings, specifications, requisitions and bid summaries for all temporary facilities and construction equipment required within the scope of services
- Develop temporary facility layouts, lay-down facilities, heavy lift and transportation, and heavy load and traffic movement studies, as required by the Construction Manager
- Develop transportation, lifting schedules and classifications from early project information in conjunction with the Construction Manager and Wood procedures
- Review the project estimate to ensure the completeness of scope and correctness of construction input
- Identify construction deliverables to suit the project requirements and control and schedule them using the Wood Document Management System (WebDMS)
- Review the project requirements, and the constructability checklist to identify critical execution issues, and develop the overall schedule and the construction execution plan
- Review the model Safety Plan and Instructions to Contractors, incorporate project specific requirements as required. Approve and issue site safety procedures and work practices for the project in conjunction with the Construction Manager
- Review the model Site Quality Plan, Instructions to Contractors and other quality procedures and incorporate project specific requirements as required. Issue the site quality plan and procedures for the project
- In conjunction with the Materials Coordinator monitor the shipping/delivery forecasts to ensure the project schedule is met
- Fully brief the Construction Engineering Manager on the shipping logistics from the works to the installed position for ‘out of gauge’ cargoes
- Provide Home Office clarification on issues raised at site by communication with other involved Home Office departments as necessary
- In conjunction with the Commissioning group define the systems required by Commissioning, and the groups of systems required for Operations. In conjunction with Project Control, agree practical dates for turnover of the systems, and groups of systems, setting realistic milestones for the Construction Contractors to achieve
- Maintain the necessary records to ensure quality assurance requirements are met
- Assist in the training of Construction Engineers
- Liaise with field staff on construction engineering matters
- Engineering degree
- Qualification in HSE preferred e.g. NEBOSH
- Experienced in downstream oil and gas EPC and FEED
- Major Client experience e.g. Shell, Exxon Mobil, Aramco / AOC, SABIC, KNPC, ADNOC etc.
- Hands on experience of Advanced Work Packaging or similar
- Hands on experience of Completion data systems e.g. CoConsole, GoCompletions
- Hands on experience of planning construction logistics and execution including heavy lift, plot layout and access, temporary facilities and site workforce and plant movement
- Ability to lead construction constructability
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. [ Link removed ]
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
- Construction Management
- Construction Engineering