A leading global Services Company in the Oil and Gas industry seeks a Sales Account Manager to drive new business for Drilling software and related services. You will take responsibility for developing relationships with key stakeholders across Aramco and Drilling Services companies, identifying opportunities for new and repeat business and for driving and closing sales. Applicants are invited with proven sales/business development experience, a passion for technologies and its deployment and a strong understanding of drilling operations, especially real time operations. Excellent scope to realise high commissions and develop an exciting career!
The Company is a leading provider of integrated software solutions, covering the entire upstream oil cycle – from finding hydrocarbons to evaluating the prospects, building the wells, and managing and optimising the production process. They have the largest market share in Drilling Software. Their consulting services integrate expertise and processes with their advanced technologies to optimise real-time workflows and provide robust information management solutions.
The deployment of technologies across all sectors of the upstream industry has been highly evident in recent years - from greater optimisation in the field, real-time centres, predictive maintenance, cloud solutions, big data analytics, transaction based software and much more. The oil operators and service industry has embraced this new digital age and realised dramatic efficiencies and reduced operating costs. In a world of uncertainty and the need to remain highly competitive, the drive for continued digital transformation continues to strengthen.
Supported by global offices, the Company has been at the forefront of leading technology advancements for nearly three decades, enabling the upstream oil and gas industry to turn critical information into useful knowledge.
They have a strong presence in the Middle East for many decades with many regional offices established. Their Saudi office has a strong management team, technologists and business personnel. However, with increased enquires for their solutions, they are now focused on staffing up across all their business sectors and this is just one of many positions required to support potential growth.
The Company has a dedicated Aramco Sales Account Manager but due to business potential requires a second to focus on sectors such as; research and development, subsurface, drilling etc. You will focus on Aramco Drilling Conventional Oil, Aramco Drilling R&D and Drilling Services companies. You will cover drilling engineering, drilling Real Time, drilling operations, drilling data management & governance etc.
Reporting to the Saudi Country Manager your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Become knowledgeable in the Company’s technologies and services.
- Understand the challenges and drivers across Aramco and how the Company’s digital solutions can help address these.
- Build good working relationships with your peers and across the wider company matrix organization.
- Take responsibility for developing revenue for products and services across Aramco Drilling Conventional Oil, Aramco Drilling R&D and Drilling Services Companies.
- Drive growth across drilling engineering, drilling real time, drilling operations, drilling data management & governance, drilling R&D etc.
- Seek out and build good working relationships with the key players across Aramco – become the go-to-person for the Company’s solutions. Be proactive in building contacts across all sectors involved in their Oilfield Life Cycle (e.g. geoscience, engineering and drilling, commercial, legal, financial...).
- Be proactive in understanding Aramco’s objectives for growth, challenges faced, drivers for change and potential threats to closing business. Work to develop a “sales proposition” that delivers solutions that meet these needs.
- Work with other Account Managers and Country Manager to develop a “Regional Business Strategy”.
- Secure revenue targets that match/exceed your assigned quota. Ensure profitability.
- Monitor your sales pipeline closely - Provide accurate forecasting of business including a Commit, Upside and Pipeline of deals and opportunities.
- Develop a holistic strategic account plan that is focused on expanding business opportunities across Aramco.
- Work closely with the Company’s Technical Sales Team and Drilling Technical Subject Matter Expert – call on them for technical presentations with clients.
- Promote sales methodologies, policies and good practices.
- Be proactive in raising the awareness and reputation of the Company’s solutions across Aramco and market at large. As required, attend roadshows, exhibitions, conferences etc.
- Keep abreast of new oilfield technologies and digital solutions in the oil and gas market – become competent in discussing these with clients with the ability and confidence to highlight advantages of the Company’s solutions. You will always be supported by technical experts but some competency of solutions is advantageous.
- Support other accounts as required.
This is a very exciting role for an individual with a passion for technology – how it is developed and deployed to improve efficiencies for enterprise wide organisations across their oilfield life cycle. You will be entrepreneurial with a passion for closing business and a drive to realise high commissions.
The successful candidate will have:
- Degree in an earth science or engineering related subject preferred but not essential.
- Proven sales/business development essential.
- Previous experience of selling into Aramco highly desired.
- Must have good understanding of drilling operations essential – e.g. selling software (e.g. drilling engineering) or services (drilling data management & governance, drilling R&D..) or from field operations.
- High interest in technology and its deployment within the upstream oil and gas industry essential.
- Must have the technical aptitude to grasp quickly the challenges and rewards of leading edge technologies and the ability to engage, champion and influence sales.
- Consultative sales experience with the ability to devise complex, high capital winning proposals highly desired. However, training provided.
- Ability to identify and engage with key players across many sectors of Aramco essential - e.g. geoscience, engineering, drilling, commercial, IT, legal, financial
- Highly strategic – the ability to see the big picture – to address the many drivers and challenges of the organisation across the different sectors is key.
- Ability to devise and implement sales strategies effectively to reach and exceed targets desired.
- Ability to monitor, manage and communicate strategic sales plans to managers essential.
- Can work effectively with regional technical sales to promote and maximise Company revenues.
- Can work effectively with technical sales and consulting group to co-ordinate technical support as required for meetings.
- An assertive individual with the personality and confidence to build strong relationships and engage with senior level personnel.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills – must have the confidence to engage at senior and executive levels.
- Influential and experienced negotiator and decision maker.
- Entrepreneurial approach – can leverage existing strengths and react and lead in dynamic market conditions.
- Highly methodical - ability to multi-task, prioritise, with attention to detail but constantly paying attention to the bigger picture.
- Ability to perform under pressure and to deliver results.
- Ambitious with a keen drive to exceed expectations and develop ones career.
The Company has an equal opportunity policy and a strong supporter of gender diversity. They welcome both male and female applicants for this role.
Package:Based on skills and experience, an attractive Base Salary plus a Commission Plan will be offered, with the potential of a high financial package. In addition, Bonus, Company Benefits provided.
To apply for this job:
1)Please review your registration and ensure it is current.
2)Please make sure you upload your CV and submit a Cover Letter. Your Cover Letter in support of your application, should outline a) why you feel you may be particularly suited to this position (i.e. relevant skills/experience and education) b) your availability and c) your salary expectations.