Occidental is an international energy company with operations in the United States, Middle East, Latin America and Africa. We are the largest onshore oil producer in the U.S., including in the Permian Basin, and a leading offshore producer in the Gulf of Mexico. Our midstream and marketing segment provides flow assurance and maximizes the value of our oil and gas. Our chemical subsidiary OxyChem manufactures the building blocks for life-enhancing products. Our Oxy Low Carbon Ventures subsidiary is advancing leading-edge technologies and business solutions that economically grow our business while reducing emissions. We are committed to using our global leadership in carbon dioxide management to advance a lower-carbon world. Visit Oxy.com for more information.
Occidental strives to attract and retain talented employees by investing in their professional development and providing rewarding opportunities for personal growth. Our goal is to meet the highest employer standards by ensuring the health and safety of our employees, protecting the environment and positively impacting our communities where we do business.
Our greatest asset has been, and will continue to be, our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Automation Specialist in Denver City, Texas.
Responsible for installation, programming, calibration, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of plant automation equipment in order to improve plant operation/uptime and reduce total operating costs.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the daily operations of the business unit through the installation, programming, start-up and maintenance of automation and process control equipment
- Responsible for the design, specification, installation, programming, calibration, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of automation equipment in order to improve plant system operation/uptime and reduce total operating costs
- Support all types of plant activity including DCS , measurement facilities, natural gas collection systems, gas compressors, and gas plant processing equipment
- Successful applicant will work closely with Operations, Engineering, Maintenance, Information Technology Groups
- Thoroughness and attention to detail are required as a significant amount of time will be spent working with complex PLC programs and advanced process control systems
- Will be subject to overtime and call-out work as needed. Other tasks may also be assigned to support operations as necessary
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: 3-5 years oilfield experience; 1-3 years oilfield automation experience preferred with a responsible attitude for personal safety and the safety of co-workers, contractors & the public
Skills and Comptencies:
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Excellent diagnostic and repair skills for complex problems in automation systems.
- Working knowledge of SPOC.
- Excellent knowledge of automation host systems
- Expert in using test equipment pertaining to job, including oscilloscope, function generators, radio service monitor, etc.
- Able to perform general PM work: testing end devices, temperature shutdowns, pressure switches, level shutdowns.
- Understanding of pneumatic instrumentation: calibration and maintenance.
- Electrically qualified per OSHA 1910.269 up to 600V.
- Skillful in reading electronic schematics, identifying components, and understanding their functions.
- Able to calibrate and troubleshoot automation end devices.
- Able to read, program, install and troubleshoot complex PLC programs.
- Good computer skills.
- Must have valid driver’s license and excellent driving record.
Relocation: This position is not eligible for relocation.
Occidental does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Computer Control Systems